Code Your Heart Out This Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day is the best time of year for kids to tell friends, classmates, and family how much they care about them! There’s something for everyone on Tynker this Valentine’s Day – with our three fun coding projects (ranging from beginner to advanced coding levels), kids can code a game to find a hidden candy heart, animate a candy dispenser to spread the love, and customize a valentine with jokes and art.
As they follow the guided tutorials to code their projects, kids will learn to add music, program different backgrounds, use physics, set conditions, create visual effects, and more! And what could be sweeter than that?
Candy Heart Search (Beginner)
Spread the Love (Intermediate)
Valentine’s Day E-card (Advanced)
How to code these projects
All Tynker users have access to these projects in their Tutorials Directory. Simply click on the project card and follow the instructions to get started! If you do not have an account, you can sign up for a FREE account here and access many fun coding puzzles, games, and tutorials.
Teachers, all your students have access to these projects as Daily Missions. Once you set up a classroom, your students will continue to have access to the latest seasonal projects. If you’d like to assign the projects but haven’t set up a classroom yet, you can:
- Set up a classroom in your Tynker account and add your students.
- Click on the “View Tutorial” button above to open the project and save it to your account.
- Go to “My Projects” in your dashboard and click the “Assign+” button.
After your class has finished, don’t forget to create a class showcase of all your students’ projects to share with friends and parents.
Parents, to give these projects to your child:
- Have your child log in to his/her account.
- They can find “Candy Heart Search,” “Spread the Love,” and “Valentine’s Day E-card” in their Tutorials Directory!