The Best Way to Learn Python!
What will you do to better prepare your child for the rigors of school and set them up for a successful career? At Tynker, one answer is clear: Coding. That’s why we offer real-world programming courses to teach Python and transform children from consumers to creators.
5 Great Reasons to Learn Python with Tynker:
- Game-Based – Your child will be motivated to learn because they’ll be having fun.
- Self-Guided – Your child will learn Python on their own, at their own pace.
- 21st Century Skill Set – Python needs to be in your child’s future toolbelt.
- Start ’em Young – Your child’s brain is like a knowledge sponge at this age.
- All for a fantastic price! Our annual plan breaks down to just 33 cents per day.
Why should your child learn Python?
Python is the hammer and nails of the 21st century. Its power, versatility, and ease of use make it great for beginners as well as professionals, an ideal language used in a variety of professional fields for game design, website development, data analysis, scientific analysis, artificial intelligence, computer security, and much more. It doesn’t matter what career path your child chooses to pursue, Python will be a star on their resume.
NASA uses Python
As United Space Alliance’s Senior Project Engineer, Robin Friedrich was tasked with finding a better way to handle data management on NASA’s shuttle missions and quickly discovered that Python was the answer. “Things just work the first time,” says Friedrich. “No other language exhibits that trait like Python.”
Tynker makes learning Python easy!
Tynker’s game-based activities motivate children to learn on their own and make a seamless transition from block-based coding to real-world text programming like Python. Learning core Python programming concepts such as loops, conditionals, and syntax is a breeze with our puzzles and self-guided courses.
Tynker’s interactive notebooks are based on a form of programming called literate programming, pioneered by Stanford computer scientist Donald Knuth. We believe that emphasizing the expository nature of problem-solving helps kids better understand how code actually works.
We offer everything your child needs to learn Python and start building their own apps, games, animations, and more.
How to get started:
- Create a Tynker account.
- Try Toxic Jungle for FREE and save floating islands from the toxic haze.
- Use our web-based environment for learning Python.
- Complete Python 1 and Python 2 courses included with our paid plans.
Tynker Resources on Tynker
- Tynker Code Editor – A web-based environment for Python coding
- Python 1 – A game-based introduction to Python
- Python 2 – A real-world introduction to advanced Python
- MicroPython – Program the Internet of Things using Python and a micro:bit
Python is best suited for kids who have already done at least one Tynker course using our block-based coding language.
Now is the perfect time to unlock your child’s potential with a subscription to Tynker.
We can’t wait to see what your child will create with code!