Code a Solar Power Clicker Game for Earth Day!
Earth Day is a great time to celebrate our amazing planet. Did you know that solar energy is one of the most abundant (and cleanest!) power sources on Earth? From simple solar panels to immense solar concentrators, there are so many ways to harvest and store solar energy. Our Earth Day clicker game lets you collect solar power and use panels, towers, and more to accelerate your energy absorption! Can you use code to re-program the Solar Power Clicker into an ocean cleanup, tree-planting, or composting game?
How to code this project
All Tynker users have access to this project in their Tutorials Directory. Simply click on the project card and follow the instructions to get started! If you do not have an account, you can sign up for a FREE account here and access many fun coding puzzles, games, and tutorials.
Teachers, all your students have access to this project as a Daily Mission. Once you set up a classroom, your students will continue to have access to the latest seasonal projects. If you’d like to assign the project but haven’t set up a classroom yet, you can:
- Set up a classroom in your Tynker account and add your students.
- Click on the “View Tutorial” button above to open the project and save it to your account.
- Go to “My Projects” in your dashboard and click the “Assign+” button.
After your class has finished, don’t forget to create a class showcase of all your students’ projects to share with friends and parents.
Parents, to give this project to your child:
- Have your child log in to his/her account.
- They can find “Solar Power Clicker” in their Tutorials Directory!