Get Inspired by Going #BeyondOneHour
Just last week, we opened applications for the Tynker Blue Ribbon Educator Program, and this week, the #BeyondOneHour hashtag is lighting up! The theme for this program is: It’s Time to Go Beyond. We’re looking for educators who are ready to take computer science beyond just an hour of code and make coding an every day, integrated practice.
So, what have educators come up with so far? If you check the Twitter hashtag #BeyondOneHour, you can get an idea. What you see is a variety of messages using tools like iMovie, Powtoon, Adobe Spark, and even Tynker!
Here are a few examples from the growing number of Public Service Announcements we’re getting:
1. It’s Time to Go Beyond
2. Live the Code Life!
3. Include Coding in the Curriculum
4. Go Beyond the STEM Lab
5. Why Code? (Made with Tynker)
6. It’s Time to Go Beyond
7. It’s Time to Move Beyond
8. Beyond the 100 Year-old Classroom
9. It’s Time to Go Beyond
10. Teach a Lesson
Inspired yet? Ready to build your coding tribe?
The Tynker Blue Ribbon Educator and the Blue Ribbon Training Program were created to bring together educators who are dedicated to making coding a priority. Blue Ribbons receive exclusive training, resources, and access to curricula to help them become master coding teachers. They are dedicated to coding instruction by providing support, connecting at conferences, sharing their knowledge, and being an integral part of the maker and coding community.
How do I apply?
Applications are open until April 20th! Here’s what you need to do:
- Create a 1-minute PSA video with the theme “It’s Time to Go Beyond.” How do we encourage schools and teachers to make coding an everyday practice?
- Answer a few questions about your desire and motivations in teaching these skills.
- Be available for Premium Training on Friday, May 12th from 11am – 3:30pm ET. This online training, presented by coding masters, is designed to hone your skills as an advanced coding teacher.