Design fantastic worlds, make multi-level physics based sidescroller games, or highly interactive animated stories with the newest set of goodies we just launched!
At Tynker, our goal is to empower kids with fun and exciting tools that bring their imagination to life. We’ve been hard at work for the last three months and made some exciting changes! Some of our newest creations include the Level Editor and Character Creator.
View our intro video. And read on to learn more!
You can change their behavior in the Code view. Each project can now have multiple levels. In the Canvas view, you can create new levels and manage them within the same project.
Character Creator is now unlocked for all users
Several animated characters including dragons, trolls, and male/ female superheroes and villains are available with the Character Creator. Previously this was available only to the premium version of Tynker, but as of this launch, we’ve opened up more than a dozen new animated characters for everyone.
Other important user interface changes
- Toggle between Code and Canvas workspaces
- Use the Canvas view to access the Level Editor and create level-based Scenes
- Use Code view to create programs
- Login status is displayed on the right
- Project name is displayed on the toolbar
- Toggle between Code and Canvas views
- There is a new Share button with sharing options
- Students can share their projects with their class
- There is also an embed option to publish their project on a web site
- Social sharing options are disabled for students, but fully available for teachers
- Students with a home course can share their projects by email with their parents
- There is a new Play bar with options right below the Stage
- The Play button is now below the Stage
- The Grid button toggles the grid on and off
- The Maximize/Minimize button may be used to toggle the Stage size
Actor Panel Changes
- Actors are now displayed in a grid view
- Each Actor has a Settings icon to access properties such as Costumes and Sounds
- You can also double click an Actor to open property tabs for that Actor
- Actors can be grouped together so that they can all share the same code