Explore Our Artificial Intelligence Course
Have you been hearing the buzz about Artificial Intelligence lately? You might have seen chatbots, self-driving cars, and AI-powered image generators in the news.
This brand-new Artificial Intelligence course is filled with fun activities that will help you see the big ideas of AI and Machine Learning (ML).
- Train a simple AI model by hand, then see how the training affects the model’s behavior. Learn how reinforcement learning can train an AI to master video games through trial-and-error.
- Learn how to use MediaPipe, a powerful AI library created by developers at Google.
- Explore the basics of using your webcam’s live video with AI. Then write apps that are controlled with the player’s hands. Think: virtual game controllers and augmented reality. You can even track landmarks to determine your pose and position.
- Explore unsupervised learning, neural networks, genetic algorithms, and other key ML ideas.
- Work with strings in all-new ways using natural language processing (NLP) — make the computer tell you a story of its own invention.
Designed for: Grades 6-10
Course Length: 9 Weeks (or longer). Self-paced and self-guided.
Check out what you’ll learn:
Unit 1: What Is AI?
Unit 2: Training Models
Explore a branch of AI called supervised learning, which requires human intelligence to categorize objects and provide training data. Train an AI that can classify gestures in real time, using your webcam’s video — then train AI that can classify handwritten digits and letters. Code these classic explorations of artificial intelligence yourself, using a friendly library designed for beginners.
Unit 3: Working With Models
Harness the power of MediaPipe, a convenient AI library, which offers several pre-trained models. Explore hand-tracking and pose-tracking applications, and how to use MediaPipe’s landmark system. Create general-purpose image classification and explore common computer vision problems in a simplified environment.
Unit 4: Reinforcement Learning
Continue your dive into AI techniques and explore advanced applications, starting with AIs that learn how to play games. Computers never get tired of playing the same game again and again — explore how computers can learn without any human intervention using neural networks and more.
Unit 5: AI and Ethics
When your program might be used by millions of users, you have a serious responsibility to avoid errors, biases, and defects. Explore the ethical design of AI by researching famous failures and successes. Read about AI’s impact on medicine, authorship, criminal justice, war, and more. Research the beneficial and harmful effects of AI — and imagine yourself as a responsible developer.
AI for Younger Learners
This course explores the same big ideas of AI and ML, but using Tynker’s block code!
Even More Text Coding Courses
- Introduction to Programming and Art – Get introduced to art, design, and animation principles using Processing, a programming language designed for the visual arts community.
- Intro to Web Development – Learn to create responsive web pages using HTML and CSS.
- Python 1 — Learn fundamental programming concepts and create some awesome, playable games along the way.
- Python 2 — Take your Python skills to the next level by learning about functions, data structures, recursion, and more. Short, hands-on exercises keep things engaging.
- Python 3 — You’ve learned syntax. Now solve problems that excite and inspire — with Python! Make useful applications, explore game design, try data science, and create digital art with cool Python modules.
- Data Science 1 — Data is everywhere around us, transforming our world. Learn how to make use of Python, the most popular language for data science — and create beautiful data visualizations.
- Java 1 — Engineer a variety of real-world solutions with Java, and get ready to take on AP Computer Science A! Explore the fundamentals of computer science and object-oriented programming (OOP) in a hands-on, fun, and visual way.