Introduce your class to drones and coding. Inspire your class with drones. Using a combination of interactive lessons, concept explanations, videos, puzzles, and DIY projects, Drones 101 teaches students to write programs that control drones. The coding activities build and reinforce STEM skills in geometry, art, math, and science. Each lesson is designed for a class period of 45-60 minutes. All student work is automatically tracked and assessed, and you'll be able to monitor their individual progress and mastery charts.
Recommended Accessories: This course requires a physical drone and a tablet (each sold separately). Once students complete each lesson, they need a tablet to try out the programs they build to control the drone. You can share one or two tablets between all students in a classroom and take turns flying the drone.
- Classroom Bundle* 6-pack or 12-pack available from Parrot Edu. Ask for a Quote
- Any airborne Parrot Minidrone such as the Rolling Spider, Night, or Cargo drone
- iPad or Android Tablet
- Download the free Tynker App for iPad or Android
*This course is available free for any school that purchases a Classroom Bundle.
- drone command library
- conditional logic
- problem solving
What Students Learn
- Fundamental coding concepts like events, variables, conditionals, and loops
- Program Parrot drones using Tynker's visual code blocks
- Program your own remote control to fly the way you want to fly
- Sync projects to and from the Tynker mobile app
- Program drones to react to your tablet's accelerometer
- Navigate drones through obstacle courses
- Perform fantastic aerial stunts and maneuvers
Technical Requirements* Online courses and lesson plans require an iPad, desktop computer, laptop computer, Chromebook, or Netbook with Internet connection and a Chrome (29+), Firefox (30+), Safari (7+), or Internet Explorer (10+) browser. No downloads required.
- 11 lessons
- 58 activities
- Enhanced Creativity Tools
- Automatic Assessment
- Tutorials and Reviews
- Coding Puzzles
- DIY Projects
- Teacher Guides
- Answer Keys