- the half sownmanby SAMMY4LIFE3905.6k
- Kawaii Snowmanby Thick Ski14914.4k
- coozy snomanby ALLY P5905.1k
- Frost Snowmanby Stormsilver6908.5k
- Christmas snow woman1906.1k
- Meltermanby Huge Deal3905.1k
- drooling snowman3906.6k
- Evil Snowman2905.9k
- the snowman who ate his pumpkin2906.1k
- Frosty the snowmanby Taboo Quail0905.6k
- perfectly normal snowman0906k
- boy snowman0905.8k
- Savage Snowman2906.2k
- DERP SNOWMAN0906.2k
- fire golem1905.7k
- nurse snowman0905.4k
- pink snowman creeperby Dashing Wink0905.8k
- black-manby Good Barber4905.8k
- admin snowmmanby Direct Love0905.8k
- DIEVL SNOWMAN0905.8k
- the SnowDerp5905.7k
- Evil Snowman0905.7k
- EVIL SNOWMANby Juicy Iguana2906.2k
- Snowman 2.0by Baggy Lizard1905.8k
- Christmas Hat Snowmanby SlurpNerp1906.4k
- Magma Golem4905.8k
- Frosty the spooky0906k
- Legendary Snowman0905.6k
- snowman gone wrong2907.3k
- weres waldo1905.7k
- Frosty The Snowmanby Bowed Cat0905.8k
- Void SnowMan1905.9k
- Merry Christmas0906k
- PopularMMOs golem6906.9k
- Hailey Collinsby Ornate Gaze1904.1k
- derpy snowman0314.1k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
Snow Golems wander aimlessly until a hostile mob is seen, after which they will throw snowballs at it. Snowballs do not do damage, but anger the mob, thus diverting the enemy's attention. The mobs will then attack the Snow Golem until it is dead. Snow Golems will only hurt Blazes and the Enderdragon.
As previously stated, Snow Golems will take damage from any form of Water, similarly to Enderman. However, they cannot survive in the Nether, Jungle Biomes, or Desert Biomes because of the heat. A Fire Resistance potion will render them immune to these biomes, however.
How to Build
To create a Snow Golem, the player must stack two snow blocks on the ground, then place a pumpkin on top of it. This does not require a crafting table. An alternative for pumpkins can be substitute for a jack-o-lantern .
Note that when building it, the pumpkin must be put on last. This makes Snow Golems impossible to generate via redstone-effected items. Also note that they can be created in the Xbox 360 Edition as of a recent update. However, only 8 of them can be created at a time.
- Enderman can create Snow Golems, but this is extremely rare.
- Snow Golems do not take any fall damage, similar to Iron Golems.
- In Minecraft Beta 1.9, when the Snow Golem was added, it did not have the Pumpkin on its head.
- In The Combat Update , the player can take of the Pumpkin of the Snow Golem if the player uses Shears on it.
- In Minecraft Beta 1.9, Snow Golems would attack players holding wheat.
- Snow Golems will not die in seconds when they are in desserts, savanna biomes and the Nether if they have a Fire Resistance potion effect.
- When hit with a shovel, snow golems die instantly. Other items do not cause this.
- Snow Golems can be used as an infinite source of snow. Create them on top of any type of block placed on the ground, with any type of blocks placed around and above the Golem's head to keep it from moving away and to protect it from harmful substances like rain. After this, simply collect the snow from under the Golem with a shovel; it will keep on being replenished by the Snow Golem as it stays on that one block.
- Snow Golems can be created in any direction even if they are created horizontally.
- If the Game Rule mobGriefing is set to false then Snow Golems will not create a path of Snow when they move.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!