- the half sownmanby SAMMY4LIFE31056.1k
- Kawaii Snowmanby Thick Ski141065k
- coozy snomanby ALLY P51055.6k
- Christmas snow woman11056.6k
- Meltermanby Huge Deal31055.6k
- drooling snowman31057.1k
- Evil Snowman21056.4k
- the snowman who ate his pumpkin21056.6k
- Frosty the snowmanby Taboo Quail01056.1k
- perfectly normal snowman01056.5k
- boy snowman01056.3k
- Savage Snowman21056.7k
- DERP SNOWMAN01056.7k
- fire golem11056.1k
- nurse snowman01055.9k
- pink snowman creeperby Dashing Wink01056.3k
- black-manby Good Barber41056.3k
- admin snowmmanby Direct Love01056.3k
- DIEVL SNOWMAN01056.2k
- the SnowDerp51056.2k
- Evil Snowman01056.2k
- EVIL SNOWMANby Juicy Iguana21056.6k
- Snowman 2.0by Baggy Lizard11056.3k
- Christmas Hat Snowmanby SlurpNerp11056.9k
- Magma Golem41056.3k
- Frosty the spooky01056.5k
- Legendary Snowman01056k
- snowman gone wrong21057.8k
- weres waldo11056.2k
- Frosty The Snowmanby Bowed Cat01056.3k
- Void SnowMan11056.4k
- Merry Christmas01056.5k
- PopularMMOs golem61057.5k
- Hailey Collinsby Ornate Gaze11054.5k
- derpy snowman0464.6k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
Snow Golems wander aimlessly until a hostile mob is seen, after which they will throw snowballs at it. Snowballs do not do damage, but anger the mob, thus diverting the enemy's attention. The mobs will then attack the Snow Golem until it is dead. Snow Golems will only hurt Blazes and the Enderdragon.
As previously stated, Snow Golems will take damage from any form of Water, similarly to Enderman. However, they cannot survive in the Nether, Jungle Biomes, or Desert Biomes because of the heat. A Fire Resistance potion will render them immune to these biomes, however.
How to Build
To create a Snow Golem, the player must stack two snow blocks on the ground, then place a pumpkin on top of it. This does not require a crafting table. An alternative for pumpkins can be substitute for a jack-o-lantern .
Note that when building it, the pumpkin must be put on last. This makes Snow Golems impossible to generate via redstone-effected items. Also note that they can be created in the Xbox 360 Edition as of a recent update. However, only 8 of them can be created at a time.
- Enderman can create Snow Golems, but this is extremely rare.
- Snow Golems do not take any fall damage, similar to Iron Golems.
- In Minecraft Beta 1.9, when the Snow Golem was added, it did not have the Pumpkin on its head.
- In The Combat Update , the player can take of the Pumpkin of the Snow Golem if the player uses Shears on it.
- In Minecraft Beta 1.9, Snow Golems would attack players holding wheat.
- Snow Golems will not die in seconds when they are in desserts, savanna biomes and the Nether if they have a Fire Resistance potion effect.
- When hit with a shovel, snow golems die instantly. Other items do not cause this.
- Snow Golems can be used as an infinite source of snow. Create them on top of any type of block placed on the ground, with any type of blocks placed around and above the Golem's head to keep it from moving away and to protect it from harmful substances like rain. After this, simply collect the snow from under the Golem with a shovel; it will keep on being replenished by the Snow Golem as it stays on that one block.
- Snow Golems can be created in any direction even if they are created horizontally.
- If the Game Rule mobGriefing is set to false then Snow Golems will not create a path of Snow when they move.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!