- the half sownmanby SAMMY4LIFE31057.8k
- Kawaii Snowmanby Thick Ski141066.7k
- coozy snomanby ALLY P51057.3k
- Frost Snowmanby Stormsilver61060.8k
- Christmas snow woman11058.3k
- Meltermanby Huge Deal31057.3k
- drooling snowman31058.8k
- Evil Snowman21058.1k
- the snowman who ate his pumpkin21058.2k
- Frosty the snowmanby Taboo Quail01057.8k
- perfectly normal snowman01058.2k
- boy snowman01058k
- Savage Snowman21058.4k
- DERP SNOWMAN01058.4k
- fire golem11057.8k
- nurse snowman01057.6k
- pink snowman creeperby Dashing Wink01058k
- black-manby Good Barber41058k
- admin snowmmanby Direct Love01058k
- DIEVL SNOWMAN01057.9k
- the SnowDerp51057.9k
- Evil Snowman01057.9k
- EVIL SNOWMANby Juicy Iguana21058.3k
- Snowman 2.0by Baggy Lizard11058k
- Christmas Hat Snowmanby SlurpNerp11058.6k
- Magma Golem41058k
- Frosty the spooky01058.2k
- Legendary Snowman01057.7k
- snowman gone wrong21059.5k
- weres waldo11057.9k
- Frosty The Snowmanby Bowed Cat01057.9k
- Void SnowMan11058.1k
- Merry Christmas01058.2k
- PopularMMOs golem61059.2k
- Hailey Collinsby Ornate Gaze11056.2k
- derpy snowman0466.3k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
Snow Golems wander aimlessly until a hostile mob is seen, after which they will throw snowballs at it. Snowballs do not do damage, but anger the mob, thus diverting the enemy's attention. The mobs will then attack the Snow Golem until it is dead. Snow Golems will only hurt Blazes and the Enderdragon.
As previously stated, Snow Golems will take damage from any form of Water, similarly to Enderman. However, they cannot survive in the Nether, Jungle Biomes, or Desert Biomes because of the heat. A Fire Resistance potion will render them immune to these biomes, however.
How to Build
To create a Snow Golem, the player must stack two snow blocks on the ground, then place a pumpkin on top of it. This does not require a crafting table. An alternative for pumpkins can be substitute for a jack-o-lantern .
Note that when building it, the pumpkin must be put on last. This makes Snow Golems impossible to generate via redstone-effected items. Also note that they can be created in the Xbox 360 Edition as of a recent update. However, only 8 of them can be created at a time.
- Enderman can create Snow Golems, but this is extremely rare.
- Snow Golems do not take any fall damage, similar to Iron Golems.
- In Minecraft Beta 1.9, when the Snow Golem was added, it did not have the Pumpkin on its head.
- In The Combat Update , the player can take of the Pumpkin of the Snow Golem if the player uses Shears on it.
- In Minecraft Beta 1.9, Snow Golems would attack players holding wheat.
- Snow Golems will not die in seconds when they are in desserts, savanna biomes and the Nether if they have a Fire Resistance potion effect.
- When hit with a shovel, snow golems die instantly. Other items do not cause this.
- Snow Golems can be used as an infinite source of snow. Create them on top of any type of block placed on the ground, with any type of blocks placed around and above the Golem's head to keep it from moving away and to protect it from harmful substances like rain. After this, simply collect the snow from under the Golem with a shovel; it will keep on being replenished by the Snow Golem as it stays on that one block.
- Snow Golems can be created in any direction even if they are created horizontally.
- If the Game Rule mobGriefing is set to false then Snow Golems will not create a path of Snow when they move.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!