- Dog collarby Cynical Well058.4k
- Gold Tag (Names a thing in golden letters)by Tall Plane058.8k
- dog tagby Queasy Kitty058.8k
- Bag Tagby Mad Tuba058.3k
- name tag059k
- name tag058.9k
- Grappling Arm159k
- Grappling arm158.6k
- Bronco Name Tagby Huge Knee261k
- name tag059.1k
- hogwarts express ticket058.6k
- name me058.7k
- the fnaf cardby Fond Lime359.2k
- pet tag158.8k
- name meby Private Cave058.8k
- unicorn power058.6k
- Dog tagby Vegan Cherry258.6k
- KenTER name TAG058.6k
- Guardians of the galaxy 2.The batteries158.8k
- BOMBS AWAY158.4k
- computerby Pushy Vote158.4k
- keon way258.4k
- pet tag458.7k
- Chocolate Bar559k
- Ink nametag058.1k
- identifaction card (name tag)by Spicy Book058.6k
- evel name tag160.6k
- dog tac058.4k
- Dog Tagby 3RR0R158.5k
- My name is Jeff361.3k
- Dog Tag158.4k
- Dirt Nametagby J.LA258.6k
- name tagby Safe Canary160.6k
- name tag160.6k
- name tag in goo561.1k
- Car Keysby Tjsummy259.3k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Indev (July, 2013)|
Name Tags must first be renamed with the use of an Anvil before being applied to a mob (which, as of 1.8, costs 1 experience level, and on consoles costs 5). To use a name tag, simply hold the item in your hand and right click on the mob to name it. Once done the new name will display.
In the console versions of Minecraft (e.g. 360, One and PS), to name a mob, hostile or docile, rename it with the name tag then left trigger the mob. The name will then appear above the chosen mob(s). A reason Name Tags are not preferable is that the player cannot remove the Name Tag without killing the mob or replacing the Name Tag with another one.
If a mob is renamed Dinnerbone or Grumm, the mob will be flipped upside down (on console versions, only Dinnerbone works). This can be done by repairing a Name Tag with an Anvil . The Dinnerbone Name Tag is an Easter Egg for a developer with the same Minecraft name. You could also rename a Spawn Egg Dinnerbone. Dinnerbone's cape turns him upside down.
Right click Mobs with the Name Tag copy and it will flip their model upside down. This also works with the name "Grumm", another developer.
Naming mobs is usually the desire behind obtaining name tags. They are useful because name tags will prevent the named mob from de-spawning, such as when the player moves too far away, for example. This makes it a great tool for hostile mobs which disappear often, or for just naming neutral mobs and passive mobs such as horses to save them for the player to use, no matter how far away they are or how long ago they have been "rendered."
- If a sheep is renamed "jeb_", the sheep being named will become rainbow. Its wool will transition between several different colors. However, when sheared, its wool will be the original color (for example: if you named a brown sheep "jeb_", its wool will still be brown).
- To be able to see the name on the tagged mob or object, the Player must be 1-4 blocks away.
- If a Rabbit is named "Toast", it will have a special (black and white spotted) texture. You cannot get an upside down "Toast" rabbit or "jeb_" sheep, because, if name tagged Dinnerbone or Grumm, it will overwrite the original name.
- You cannot get an upside down "Toast" rabbit or "jeb_" sheep, because, if name tagged Dinnerbone or Grumm, it will overwrite the original name.
- " The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog " (a rare type of Rabbit ) spawns with a name above it, saying " The Killer Bunny ".
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!