- Dog collarby Cynical Well056.1k
- Gold Tag (Names a thing in golden letters)by Tall Plane056.5k
- dog tagby Queasy Kitty056.5k
- Bag Tagby Mad Tuba056k
- name tag056.7k
- name tag056.6k
- Grappling Arm156.7k
- Grappling arm156.3k
- Bronco Name Tagby Huge Knee258.7k
- name tag056.9k
- hogwarts express ticket056.3k
- name me056.4k
- the fnaf cardby Fond Lime356.9k
- pet tag156.5k
- name meby Private Cave056.5k
- unicorn power056.3k
- Dog tagby Vegan Cherry256.3k
- KenTER name TAG056.4k
- Guardians of the galaxy 2.The batteries156.5k
- BOMBS AWAY156.1k
- computerby Pushy Vote156.2k
- keon way256.1k
- pet tag456.4k
- Chocolate Bar556.6k
- Ink nametag055.8k
- identifaction card (name tag)by Spicy Book056.3k
- evel name tag158.4k
- dog tac056.1k
- Dog Tagby 3RR0R156.2k
- My name is Jeff358.9k
- Dog Tag156.1k
- Dirt Nametagby J.LA256.3k
- name tagby Safe Canary158.4k
- name tag158.3k
- name tag in goo558.8k
- Car Keysby Tjsummy256.9k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Indev (July, 2013)|
Name Tags must first be renamed with the use of an Anvil before being applied to a mob (which, as of 1.8, costs 1 experience level, and on consoles costs 5). To use a name tag, simply hold the item in your hand and right click on the mob to name it. Once done the new name will display.
In the console versions of Minecraft (e.g. 360, One and PS), to name a mob, hostile or docile, rename it with the name tag then left trigger the mob. The name will then appear above the chosen mob(s). A reason Name Tags are not preferable is that the player cannot remove the Name Tag without killing the mob or replacing the Name Tag with another one.
If a mob is renamed Dinnerbone or Grumm, the mob will be flipped upside down (on console versions, only Dinnerbone works). This can be done by repairing a Name Tag with an Anvil . The Dinnerbone Name Tag is an Easter Egg for a developer with the same Minecraft name. You could also rename a Spawn Egg Dinnerbone. Dinnerbone's cape turns him upside down.
Right click Mobs with the Name Tag copy and it will flip their model upside down. This also works with the name "Grumm", another developer.
Naming mobs is usually the desire behind obtaining name tags. They are useful because name tags will prevent the named mob from de-spawning, such as when the player moves too far away, for example. This makes it a great tool for hostile mobs which disappear often, or for just naming neutral mobs and passive mobs such as horses to save them for the player to use, no matter how far away they are or how long ago they have been "rendered."
- If a sheep is renamed "jeb_", the sheep being named will become rainbow. Its wool will transition between several different colors. However, when sheared, its wool will be the original color (for example: if you named a brown sheep "jeb_", its wool will still be brown).
- To be able to see the name on the tagged mob or object, the Player must be 1-4 blocks away.
- If a Rabbit is named "Toast", it will have a special (black and white spotted) texture. You cannot get an upside down "Toast" rabbit or "jeb_" sheep, because, if name tagged Dinnerbone or Grumm, it will overwrite the original name.
- You cannot get an upside down "Toast" rabbit or "jeb_" sheep, because, if name tagged Dinnerbone or Grumm, it will overwrite the original name.
- " The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog " (a rare type of Rabbit ) spawns with a name above it, saying " The Killer Bunny ".
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!