- Dog collarby Cynical Well053.3k
- Gold Tag (Names a thing in golden letters)by Tall Plane053.8k
- dog tagby Queasy Kitty053.7k
- Bag Tagby Mad Tuba053.3k
- name tag054k
- name tag053.8k
- Grappling Arm153.9k
- Grappling arm153.5k
- Bronco Name Tagby Huge Knee255.9k
- name tag054.1k
- hogwarts express ticket053.5k
- name me053.6k
- the fnaf cardby Fond Lime354.1k
- pet tag153.7k
- name meby Private Cave053.8k
- unicorn power053.6k
- Dog tagby Vegan Cherry253.5k
- KenTER name TAG053.6k
- Guardians of the galaxy 2.The batteries153.8k
- BOMBS AWAY153.3k
- computerby Pushy Vote153.4k
- keon way253.3k
- pet tag453.7k
- Chocolate Bar553.9k
- Ink nametag053.1k
- identifaction card (name tag)by Spicy Book053.6k
- evel name tag155.6k
- dog tac053.4k
- Dog Tagby 3RR0R153.4k
- My name is Jeff356.2k
- Dog Tag153.3k
- Dirt Nametagby J.LA253.5k
- name tagby Safe Canary155.6k
- name tag155.6k
- name tag in goo556.1k
- Car Keysby Tjsummy254.1k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Indev (July, 2013)|
Name Tags must first be renamed with the use of an Anvil before being applied to a mob (which, as of 1.8, costs 1 experience level, and on consoles costs 5). To use a name tag, simply hold the item in your hand and right click on the mob to name it. Once done the new name will display.
In the console versions of Minecraft (e.g. 360, One and PS), to name a mob, hostile or docile, rename it with the name tag then left trigger the mob. The name will then appear above the chosen mob(s). A reason Name Tags are not preferable is that the player cannot remove the Name Tag without killing the mob or replacing the Name Tag with another one.
If a mob is renamed Dinnerbone or Grumm, the mob will be flipped upside down (on console versions, only Dinnerbone works). This can be done by repairing a Name Tag with an Anvil . The Dinnerbone Name Tag is an Easter Egg for a developer with the same Minecraft name. You could also rename a Spawn Egg Dinnerbone. Dinnerbone's cape turns him upside down.
Right click Mobs with the Name Tag copy and it will flip their model upside down. This also works with the name "Grumm", another developer.
Naming mobs is usually the desire behind obtaining name tags. They are useful because name tags will prevent the named mob from de-spawning, such as when the player moves too far away, for example. This makes it a great tool for hostile mobs which disappear often, or for just naming neutral mobs and passive mobs such as horses to save them for the player to use, no matter how far away they are or how long ago they have been "rendered."
- If a sheep is renamed "jeb_", the sheep being named will become rainbow. Its wool will transition between several different colors. However, when sheared, its wool will be the original color (for example: if you named a brown sheep "jeb_", its wool will still be brown).
- To be able to see the name on the tagged mob or object, the Player must be 1-4 blocks away.
- If a Rabbit is named "Toast", it will have a special (black and white spotted) texture. You cannot get an upside down "Toast" rabbit or "jeb_" sheep, because, if name tagged Dinnerbone or Grumm, it will overwrite the original name.
- You cannot get an upside down "Toast" rabbit or "jeb_" sheep, because, if name tagged Dinnerbone or Grumm, it will overwrite the original name.
- " The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog " (a rare type of Rabbit ) spawns with a name above it, saying " The Killer Bunny ".
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!