- The new eggby Golden Rider4329.8k
- cHICKEN EGG14310k
- Mysterious Egg1329.9k
- Flower Egg1329.7k
- The new eggby Golden Rider4329.7k
- Funky easter Egg0329.6k
- the devils chicken egg0329.6k
- Silly Robberby Hopeful Hose1329.8k
- core egg0330.4k
- dino egg1330.1k
- MLG egg2330k
- creeper egg7330.5k
- ganster potato1329.7k
- spawn peashootera!0329.9k
- Easter egg yous on easterby freezie2go0330k
- Firework Egg1330k
- rainbow Easter egg0330.1k
- a fox egg0330.5k
- Cooked eggby Odd Party23313.4k
- hatching eggby Lovely Cook24218.2k
- super eggby Lovely Cook1329.6k
- Golden Eggby ninja boi0330.1k
- fake egg3330.1k
- CHICKEN EGG!! ; )3330.1k
- ice pea0330k
- Flamin' Egg0329.6k
- creeper egg0330k
- deal with it1329.7k
- 100 year old chick2330.1k
- campbell egg0329.9k
- cracked egg2330k
- Egg Bomb0330k
- Green egg !!!!!!by Actual Burn1329.7k
- spawn herobrainby Narrow Wave2330.2k
- Creature Egg 011330k
- Ender egg1330k
- white eggby Dragon Tamer2329.8k
- spawn egg kingby Dragon Tamer3330.2k
- Golden egg1329.7k
- cHICKEN EGG116319.1k
- Magma Egg1330k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|Type||Food; Raw Material|
|Data Values||Hex: 158 Dec: 344|
During the Beta update (20 December 2010), Eggs were made throw-able at the request of a fan as a result of a Twitter Conversation . When thrown, Eggs have the same on-hit effect as Snowballs and additionally have a 1/8 chance of spawning a baby Chicken which will grow up in 2-3 Minecraft days. Alternatively, Eggs can be used as a projectile. They can be placed in Dispensers and fired upon activation. However, like snowballs, eggs do not deal any damage.
- One egg can spawn up to four chickens, this is a rare occasion and the chances are 1 out of 256. 256 is 4 x 64, and 64 is a stack! Chickens also spawn from eggs shot out of a dispenser.
- Eggs can be thrown very far, and often land over five blocks away from the player.
- Eggs can normally be found wherever there are chickens, unless the chickens are newly spawned.
- There is about a 1 in an 8-egg chance that a chick will spawn.
- Eggs are good as weapons but are often misunderstood: not only can it inflict damage but is also easier to get than arrows which involve complex crafting or risking player health by defeating skeletons. They also can spawn baby chickens which provide food, feathers, and can push or swarm enemy mobs.
- There is a rare bug where if an Egg is thrown against a 1-block thick wall and a Chicken hatches, the baby chicken will travel through the wall and out the other side.
- There is a glitch when, thrown at any mob of player, the egg will simply pass through them, though this is not common.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!