- The new eggby Golden Rider4331.8k
- cHICKEN EGG14312.1k
- Mysterious Egg1331.9k
- Flower Egg1331.7k
- The new eggby Golden Rider4331.7k
- Funky easter Egg0331.7k
- the devils chicken egg0331.6k
- Silly Robberby Hopeful Hose1331.9k
- core egg0332.5k
- dino egg1332.2k
- MLG egg2332k
- creeper egg7332.5k
- ganster potato1331.8k
- spawn peashootera!0331.9k
- Easter egg yous on easterby freezie2go0332.1k
- Firework Egg1332.1k
- rainbow Easter egg0332.2k
- a fox egg0332.6k
- Cooked eggby Odd Party23315.5k
- hatching eggby Lovely Cook24220.3k
- super eggby Lovely Cook1331.7k
- Golden Eggby ninja boi0332.1k
- fake egg3332.2k
- CHICKEN EGG!! ; )3332.2k
- ice pea0332.1k
- Flamin' Egg0331.6k
- creeper egg0332k
- deal with it1331.7k
- 100 year old chick2332.2k
- campbell egg0332k
- cracked egg2332.1k
- Egg Bomb0332.1k
- Green egg !!!!!!by Actual Burn1331.8k
- spawn herobrainby Narrow Wave2332.2k
- Creature Egg 011332k
- Ender egg1332.1k
- white eggby Dragon Tamer2331.8k
- spawn egg kingby Dragon Tamer3332.3k
- Golden egg1331.8k
- cHICKEN EGG116321.1k
- Magma Egg1332k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|Type||Food; Raw Material|
|Data Values||Hex: 158 Dec: 344|
During the Beta update (20 December 2010), Eggs were made throw-able at the request of a fan as a result of a Twitter Conversation . When thrown, Eggs have the same on-hit effect as Snowballs and additionally have a 1/8 chance of spawning a baby Chicken which will grow up in 2-3 Minecraft days. Alternatively, Eggs can be used as a projectile. They can be placed in Dispensers and fired upon activation. However, like snowballs, eggs do not deal any damage.
- One egg can spawn up to four chickens, this is a rare occasion and the chances are 1 out of 256. 256 is 4 x 64, and 64 is a stack! Chickens also spawn from eggs shot out of a dispenser.
- Eggs can be thrown very far, and often land over five blocks away from the player.
- Eggs can normally be found wherever there are chickens, unless the chickens are newly spawned.
- There is about a 1 in an 8-egg chance that a chick will spawn.
- Eggs are good as weapons but are often misunderstood: not only can it inflict damage but is also easier to get than arrows which involve complex crafting or risking player health by defeating skeletons. They also can spawn baby chickens which provide food, feathers, and can push or swarm enemy mobs.
- There is a rare bug where if an Egg is thrown against a 1-block thick wall and a Chicken hatches, the baby chicken will travel through the wall and out the other side.
- There is a glitch when, thrown at any mob of player, the egg will simply pass through them, though this is not common.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!