- diaryby Broken Fruit0202.7k
- pink book2203k
- Pink storie book2203.1k
- book man2203.1k
- Enchanter's Wizardry Scroll0203.3k
- Math Notebookby Suthsy0202.9k
- MAGIC BOOK0203.1k
- candy book and quillby adison zom3203.7k
- Emerald Book Writableby Muddled Pelt0202.8k
- BOOK AND LOLby Noted Name0203.3k
- Iphone 6by Wet Nurse14203.6k
- Diaryby smartest.mar0203.1k
- Pink Diary0203k
- bookby ninja boi0203.2k
- Writable Book1202.8k
- iPad Proby Gray Pay0203.1k
- Book In Quillby Meddling Gel0202.9k
- colorful bookby PRO.COM0202.8k
- pretty note bookby Fluffy Aphid2204.2k
- BOOK of SECRETS0203.1k
- Lightning Tome0202.7k
- your boooookby Moroniq0202.8k
- IPHONE 61203.3k
- dairyby Vix0202.9k
- note book with pencilby Juvenile Gem1204.4k
- bOOKS FOR NOOBS LIKE ME0203.3k
- THE CRAZZY BOOKby Madly Hippo0203.1k
- budy fether0203.1k
- book of magnusby Right Store1203.1k
- hiby Holistic Run0203k
- Cotten Book0203k
- Minecraft diary3203k
- Giftby Suburban Ant0203k
- Bronco Book Writableby Huge Knee1203k
- Ur secret diary to LOVEby Popular Zone2203.2k
- study book and pencil0150.7k
- paper and pencilby Spry Dusk1135.1k
- blue book1135.1k
- Book and quill0134.9k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
Book and Quill
|First Appearance||12w17a Snapshot (April 26, 2012)|
|Data Values||Hex: 182 Dec: 386|
How To Use
To use a book you must first craft one (see crafting below). Once you have a book and quill, select the item in your Player 's hand and right click (for PC, use item for other systems). This will bring up the book editor screen. The player may then type the desired contents into the page, up to the thirteen lines. To go to another page click the forward arrow, while the back arrow goes to the previous page. The page does not have to contain text to proceed to the next page. When the player has finished editing, click done to close the book, or if the book should be finished editing for good, click "Sign" to permanently close the book for reading only. Once signed a book glows like an Enchanted Book .
It can be used as instructions to players in Multi-player mode by creating copies of a signed book that cannot be edited. This is handy when put in chests or dispensers at the spawn of a server for new players to access. Alternatively Signs are used in the same fashion. In addition players can make stories out of them and make book stores or libraries for role playing servers. Another use of the book is to be used as a "to do list." This is done by writing tasks into the book and clicking "Done" instead of "Sign" which will let the player endlessly edit the book an infinite number of times, thus allowing for the list to be updated constantly. This is more handy than the traditional sign "to do list" because it is portable. There are many other uses as well, depending on the gamer's creativity.
The Book and Quill is craftable in the PS4 console version, however a current glitch means that it is unusable, as any changes to unsigned book are not saved if you hold another item, and attempting to sign book tells you that you will no longer be able to make changes, but then nothing else happens. You have to back out of the menu and the book remains unsigned.
- Writing on the last page saves all pages between regardless of whether or not they are blank
- Deleting the text on the last page(s) will leave blank pages saved, however, when closing and opening the book with "Done," the book will no longer have those trailing blank pages saved.
- Sometimes, Written Books may be part of a trade offered by a Villager Priest.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!