- THE Bombby Leafy Night61950.7k
- TNT 3455566551950.4k
- The Newkby Wakatake111950.3k
- Powby Toaster141950.5k
- House TNT51951k
- slime tntby THE MAGICIAN31950.4k
- Camo TNT81950.6k
- Green TNTby Elusive Dust51950.3k
- nuke tnt11950.1k
- GRASSNTby Da Boi51950.2k
- nitcho tnt11950.2k
- Hi TNT51950.3k
- poison tntby ninja131950.9k
- NUKEby nobody121952k
- absorbent\gravty tnt41950.1k
- dmd tnt31949.8k
- NOby Soldier29121949.4k
- Mega TNT51950k
- Blank bomb21950.5k
- magic tnt51950.2k
- diamond TNT OHHH!! :031950.5k
- present TNT41951.2k
- Poisonous TNT41950.7k
- party bomb121951.9k
- Copy of Fire tnt51950.4k
- Fire tnt51950.3k
- Netherrack-Light me up21950.3k
- end tnt61950.9k
- broken tnt71895.4k
- TNT bombby Flirtinq111951.6k
- really bad tntby Ajs11311950k
- trap block61950.1k
- black tnt11950k
- ytgfdby Aromatic DNA41950k
- A BLOCK!!!21949.9k
- mega TNT61950.9k
- party go boom81950.1k
- Jeffby Showy Roof41697.8k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Classic 0.9|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 2E Dec: 46|
TNT is detonated from being lit on fire (such as from a Flint and Steel ) or from receiving an active redstone current. When using TNT in a redstone circuit it doubles the capacitance over a repeater. There is a 4 seconds fuse time, allowing the player to retreat to a safe distance. After being ignited, it will perform a slight jump in the air before returning to the ground. It will flash white for exactly four seconds and allow the player to move through it, exploding soon afterwards.
The explosion is easily capable of destroying most blocks in the vicinity. Fragile blocks, such as Dirt and Sand , are the most affected, while sturdier types, such as Obsidian , are more resistant to the explosion. TNT does not obey physics until lit, where it will then fall as an entity until it hits a block or detonates. It is a very infamous griefing tool, as a TNT block can easily destroy most blocks besides obsidian and Bedrock . Because of this, it is often banned on servers that don't allow griefing. TNT is a natural block because it naturally appears in Desert Temples and is used as a trap in them.
As of minecraft version 1.7, you can spawn in TNT with a custom fuse time, allowing for TNT that explodes instantly, as well as TNT that takes a long time to explode.
TNT is crafted using Gunpowder and Sand .
- Severe lag will occur if an even a single TNT is detonated in a superflat world with many layers of TNT.
- TNT cannons can be made using water , TNT, redstone , a button , redstone repeaters , sand and pistons . Many people use TNT cannons in SMP for arcade-esque games, such as Factions, TNT wars, etc.
- In the 1.3 update, TNT's explosion radius was doubled. Endermen can pick up the block and then place it on the ground, where it will automatically detonate.
- TNT "naturally" spawns in desert temples as a booby-trap. Igniting the TNT will destroy the treasures in the chests inside.
- TNT can also be used to create a minecart with TNT as of 1.5.
- You can ignite TNT with lava or fire .
- TNT can fall up to 72 blocks when ignited.
- Since TNT is actually an entity when ignited, water, lava and mobs can pass through it while it is ignited.
- If TNT is in water, it won't damage the terrain, but still damage entities around it. This also happens if TNT is in lava.
- As stated by the Minecraft combat guide, TNT is a "Simple yet effective way to annihilate an enemy base". Also one of the 6 Basic Weapons ( Sword , Bow , Lava Bucket , Dispenser with arrows, and Flint and Steel ).
- TNT is slightly smaller than other blocks when activated.
- The exploding sound for the TNT was changed. It had a cartoon like sound when it exploded.
- The string on top of the TNT will change direction when activated.
- If TNT has an Anvil inside of it when activated then it won't damage the terrain, but still damage entities around it.
- In Minecraft Alpha, TNT was activated by just punching it. Then it changed to make TNT explode by using Flint And Steel or Redstone to activate it. However, In Minecraft today, there is a command to get the TNT that explodes by punching it.
- However, In Minecraft today, there is a command to get the TNT that explodes by punching it.
- TNT will not damage the player if there's a glass block in front of it.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!