- Swiss Cheese081.6k
- SpongeBob SquarePants Block081.6k
- hay and cheess081.3k
- spongeBOBby Null Bell182.4k
- Derp block283.2k
- color sponge081.2k
- Jen's spongeby Excited Milk181.4k
- Sponge With Vines081.6k
- spongeby Zbksquared13181.2k
- Spongebob Sponge182.2k
- Swiss Cheese181.4k
- SPONGE RE-MADE081.6k
- Spongebob Blockby Best Shop282.3k
- sponge bob081.4k
- sponge bob081.5k
- sponge bobby Pale Art181.8k
- Sponge Bobby kiityPxC081.5k
- sworl blockby kid savag081.3k
- spongebob squarepants683k
- Spongebob Squarepants081.4k
- Spongebobby Dismal Chant382.5k
- Spongebobby Madzilla382.8k
- spongebobby johnny282.8k
- spongebob blockby Tricky Ache783.8k
- sponge Bob281.8k
- sponge bob281.6k
- SPONGE BOB!!!by Alive Puppy482.3k
- diseased sponge181.4k
- sponge bobby Broken Iron381.8k
- Smooth Sponge181.2k
- The Sponge Bob Blockby Upset Pear682.2k
- Sponge Bob081.8k
- multy spong bob headby Tinted Shirt382.2k
- slimy spongeyby Fragrant Dye081.3k
- sponge bob482.3k
- spunjs bobby nanoboi081.3k
- sponge bobby Nice Ruler081.4k
- Blue Sponge477.4k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||0.0.18a_02 (June 14, 2009) (2)|
|Type of Block||Solid block|
|Stackable?||Yes (Max 64)|
|Data Values||Hex: 13 Dec: 19|
|Data Values||Hex: 13-1 Dec: 19-1|
As of 1.8, a sponge can absorb water within a 5×5×5 area around itself, becoming a wet sponge in the process. The surrounding blocks which were previously water, become occupied by air. The sponge must be directly touching a water source to absorb water, and will only absorb water connected to an adjacent water block touching the sponge. When a sponge absorbs water, it will convert to a wet sponge, which is darker, drips water, and is unable to soak up any more water.
Heating a wet sponge in a Furnace will convert it back into a dry sponge. Placing an empty Bucket in the Fuel Slot of the furnace while smelting the wet sponge will fill the bucket with the "evaporated" water. (1 bucket for each wet sponge).
- A wet sponge will "drip" water if placed in world.
- Sponges first appeared in the 0.0.19A update, where they were changed slightly 50 minutes later, until being removed from survival in Beta 1.8.
- They share the same sound as Grass .
- Sponges don't absorb water in Minecraft: Pocket Edition .
- In Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition , the old texture for the sponge is still used.
- Before 1.8, it was impossible to get a sponge in survival mode without cheats.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!