- Noob Soul Sand081k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUMby Angelic Kale081k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUM081k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUMby GET TOSSED3081.3k
- Nether stoneby Lovely Cook081.5k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUM281k
- ghost block081.4k
- smileing soulsby Full Nerd081.5k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUMby Wolf181.2k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUM081.3k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUMby God Codecena081.2k
- brium ore181.2k
- CREEPER BLOCKby relyK.java181k
- bendy and the ink machine *ink from chapter 2*by Busy Land184.4k
- sink sand081.7k
- Bill Cipher Block081.3k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUMby Late Sting181k
- Block of Pigeon Terry080.8k
- Herobrian portal block081.2k
- checkard soal sand181.5k
- Smooth Soul Sand080.9k
- The haunting blockby eg081.1k
- disguised soul sandby Taboo Jungle081.1k
- sun powered tnt481.7k
- 7 11181.1k
- cool blockby Master Chief181k
- Soul Sand With A Soulby J.LA081.1k
- Burger Blockby Canine Dye480.9k
- HamBurger Blockby Dry Walk381.1k
- Derpy Burger block682.2k
- Lava Blockby Hideous Turn180.9k
- SMILELY *EVIL LAUGH*by Oval Beagle181k
- Sad block080.9k
- Souls of creepersby Angelic Gel282.8k
- Skull Sand180.9k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUM280.7k
- nom nom481k
- Wither sand180.9k
- by jazminby Slow Floss381k
- Shadow Fuel Blockby Flawless End170.1k
- Quicksandby Blokbuster167.6k
- Cheese burger!643.3k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.2.0|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Stackable?||Yes (Max 64)|
|Data Values||Hex: 58 Dec: 88|
The "Quicksand" Effect
This material has looks somewhat similar to that of a dirt block, but it has some unique features. It slows the movement of any player or mob on its surface, and players sink slightly into the block while walking on it. It is only 15/16 the height of a normal block, so the player cannot walk from a block of Soul Sand to a slab without jumping. This also means that you can not get off of Soul Sand while holding down the sneak key, unless the player jumps.
Soul Sand is used to plant Nether Wart for use in potions , you can farm not only in the nether, but also in the Overworld. It can also be used as a trap to slow down hostile mobs giving the player an additional second to pull out a weapon. Thirdly, it can be used to create the Wither boss by making a T shape out of soul sand and putting 3 Wither Skeleton Heads on top.
Creating the Wither
- Note , that this is not in the Crafting Table , but you have to build it.
- When first released, sneaking onto a Soul Sand block would not prevent the player from falling off the block. This bug was fixed in the 1.2.1 Alpha patch.
- Putting an ice block or Cobweb under Soul Sand dramatically slows the player down more than the Soul Sand alone already would have.
- Because of the fact that you go down a few millimeters when standing on Soul Sand, shifting at the edge of Soul Sand which is next to lava will set you on fire and let the player take lava damage.
- The slowest speed you can have while still moving can be achieved by sneaking and blocking with your sword while walking on Soul Sand with ice underneath it through cobwebs and still lava backwards, under the effect of a potion of slowness II. In addition, if the player is under these conditions and is moving at a steep angle against an adjacent block, they can move at almost infinitesimal speeds, moving only 0.00001 m at a time.
- It can be found in patches in Nether Fortress with Nether Warts growing on it. This is the only place you can find Nether Warts.
- When placed in the Overworld, Soul Sand will not destroy boats that are piloted into it (vs sand, dirt, etc. that cause damage/death).
- Once stepped on, in the Overworld the sky will get dark.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!