- block of disregret3748.4k
- different colered bolckby Lord Sushi5748.1k
- Noob Obsidian3748.1k
- NETHER STONEby DexStar3748.4k
- Nether Portal Peice2748.5k
- Pokeball Blockby Meek Stuff18749.4k
- Volcano Planet3747.7k
- panic at the disco2748.3k
- NEW OBSIDIANby CODER5472748.2k
- mossy obsidianby razorblazor3748.1k
- devil block1747.9k
- crazy block1747.9k
- Old Sponge4748.5k
- lolby Ajar Taste1747.8k
- Evil obstan1748k
- moon rockby Used Kelp2748.5k
- yay i am not black YAY3748k
- Nether Obstanby Lone Math1748.1k
- obsidian topaz block2748.2k
- wave and LLAAVVAA1748.2k
- Super End Oreby KestrelMoon2748.4k
- blue blockby Nutty Noise1748.2k
- Crying Obsidianby Spicy Back2748.3k
- Obsidian Ore3748.3k
- The New Obsidian1748k
- dimond obsidion3748.3k
- hot coals2748.2k
- Super Omega Glitch Blockby Suburban Ant1749.2k
- awsome obsidion2747.9k
- cloudby Tough Poet3748.9k
- super obsidian2747.8k
- steelby Uptight Town2748.2k
- Jacksecpticyeby LiL K3745.5k
- Angel Block3743.6k
- ;] @by Kwoogie2739.5k
- inferno obsidian1481.6k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Survival Test 0.26-|
|Type of Block||Solid|
|Data Values||Hex: 31 Dec: 49|
Obsidian is also the only material that can make a portal to The Nether , as of the October 31st Halloween Update. To make a portal, a frame made of Obsidian must be erected, standing 4 blocks long and 5 blocks high up including the frame to a square 23 by 23 high as of release 1.7, and the remaining space should be left open. The corner blocks need not be included in the rectangle. Then, the bottom Obsidian blocks should be lit on fire with a Fire Charge or Flint and Steel , though Lava will not work. After this is done, the portal opens, granting access to The Nether. Obsidian is also resistant to explosions, with the exception of the Wither 's skeleton skull attack. Because of this fact, many players have constructed execution-by- TNT rooms out of Obsidian.
In addition to the TNT execution rooms, multiplayer servers find Obsidian to be the best defensive structure, as it is nearly impossible to destroy. Making a wall around a city in Obsidian may take a long time, but is well worth the defense when defending from an attack, especially since it renders TNT useless.
- While Obsidian is a strong block in Minecraft , Obsidian in real life is a fragile volcanic glass - but the mistake here comes from Obsidian not being harder than Diamond , but for Obsidian to reach a sharpness equal to (if not, higher) than Diamond. It was for this reason that Obsidian was a popular material used for arrow tips.
- Both Endermen and Obsidian Blocks share a slightly similar texture, hinting at a connection (or a plot point that was later removed).
- Changing the in-game language to Pirate will name the block "Rock o' Tears" possibly a reference to the unimplemented Crying Obsidian .
- It makes a great base/house if a player wants it there permanently, though it makes for a very dark room.
- In Minecraft: Pocket Edition , Glowing Obsidian (a type of Obsidian that glows bright red), can be created by activating a Nether Core Reactor (though it technically cannot be mined).
- Obsidian is one of the only two types of Blocks found in all three Minecraft dimensions, the other being Bedrock .
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!