- block of disregret3608.3k
- different colered bolckby Lord Sushi5608k
- Noob Obsidian3608k
- NETHER STONEby DexStar3608.3k
- Nether Portal Peice2608.4k
- Pokeball Blockby Meek Stuff18609.1k
- Volcano Planet3607.6k
- panic at the disco2608.2k
- NEW OBSIDIANby CODER5472608.1k
- mossy obsidianby razorblazor3608k
- devil block1607.8k
- crazy block1607.8k
- Old Sponge4608.3k
- lolby Ajar Taste1607.7k
- Evil obstan1607.9k
- moon rockby Used Kelp2608.4k
- yay i am not black YAY3607.9k
- Nether Obstanby Lone Math1608k
- obsidian topaz block2608.1k
- wave and LLAAVVAA1608.1k
- Super End Oreby KestrelMoon2608.3k
- blue blockby Nutty Noise1608.1k
- Crying Obsidianby Spicy Back2608.2k
- Wither blockby Megalodon072608.6k
- Obsidian Ore3608.2k
- The New Obsidian1607.9k
- dimond obsidion3608.2k
- hot coals2608.1k
- Super Omega Glitch Blockby Suburban Ant1609.2k
- awsome obsidion2607.9k
- cloudby Tough Poet3608.7k
- super obsidian2607.8k
- steelby Uptight Town2608.1k
- Jacksecpticyeby LiL K3605.4k
- Angel Block3603.4k
- ;] @by Kwoogie2599.4k
- inferno obsidian1341.5k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Survival Test 0.26-|
|Type of Block||Solid|
|Data Values||Hex: 31 Dec: 49|
Obsidian is also the only material that can make a portal to The Nether , as of the October 31st Halloween Update. To make a portal, a frame made of Obsidian must be erected, standing 4 blocks long and 5 blocks high up including the frame to a square 23 by 23 high as of release 1.7, and the remaining space should be left open. The corner blocks need not be included in the rectangle. Then, the bottom Obsidian blocks should be lit on fire with a Fire Charge or Flint and Steel , though Lava will not work. After this is done, the portal opens, granting access to The Nether. Obsidian is also resistant to explosions, with the exception of the Wither 's skeleton skull attack. Because of this fact, many players have constructed execution-by- TNT rooms out of Obsidian.
In addition to the TNT execution rooms, multiplayer servers find Obsidian to be the best defensive structure, as it is nearly impossible to destroy. Making a wall around a city in Obsidian may take a long time, but is well worth the defense when defending from an attack, especially since it renders TNT useless.
- While Obsidian is a strong block in Minecraft , Obsidian in real life is a fragile volcanic glass - but the mistake here comes from Obsidian not being harder than Diamond , but for Obsidian to reach a sharpness equal to (if not, higher) than Diamond. It was for this reason that Obsidian was a popular material used for arrow tips.
- Both Endermen and Obsidian Blocks share a slightly similar texture, hinting at a connection (or a plot point that was later removed).
- Changing the in-game language to Pirate will name the block "Rock o' Tears" possibly a reference to the unimplemented Crying Obsidian .
- It makes a great base/house if a player wants it there permanently, though it makes for a very dark room.
- In Minecraft: Pocket Edition , Glowing Obsidian (a type of Obsidian that glows bright red), can be created by activating a Nether Core Reactor (though it technically cannot be mined).
- Obsidian is one of the only two types of Blocks found in all three Minecraft dimensions, the other being Bedrock .
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!