- block of disregret3601.1k
- different colered bolckby Lord Sushi5600.8k
- Noob Obsidian3600.9k
- NETHER STONEby DexStar3601.1k
- Nether Portal Peice2601.2k
- Pokeball Blockby Meek Stuff18601.9k
- Volcano Planet3600.5k
- panic at the disco2601.1k
- NEW OBSIDIANby CODER5472600.9k
- mossy obsidianby razorblazor3600.8k
- devil block1600.7k
- crazy block1600.6k
- Old Sponge4601.1k
- lolby Ajar Taste1600.6k
- Evil obstan1600.8k
- moon rockby Used Kelp2601.2k
- yay i am not black YAY3600.8k
- Nether Obstanby Lone Math1600.9k
- obsidian topaz block2601k
- wave and LLAAVVAA1600.9k
- Super End Oreby KestrelMoon2601.1k
- blue blockby Nutty Noise1600.9k
- Crying Obsidianby Spicy Back2601k
- Wither blockby Megalodon072601.5k
- Obsidian Ore3601k
- The New Obsidian1600.7k
- dimond obsidion3601k
- hot coals2600.9k
- Super Omega Glitch Blockby Suburban Ant1602k
- awsome obsidion2600.7k
- cloudby Tough Poet3601.5k
- super obsidian2600.6k
- steelby Uptight Town2600.9k
- Jacksecpticyeby LiL K3598.2k
- Angel Block3596.3k
- ;] @by Kwoogie2592.2k
- inferno obsidian1334.3k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Survival Test 0.26-|
|Type of Block||Solid|
|Data Values||Hex: 31 Dec: 49|
Obsidian is also the only material that can make a portal to The Nether , as of the October 31st Halloween Update. To make a portal, a frame made of Obsidian must be erected, standing 4 blocks long and 5 blocks high up including the frame to a square 23 by 23 high as of release 1.7, and the remaining space should be left open. The corner blocks need not be included in the rectangle. Then, the bottom Obsidian blocks should be lit on fire with a Fire Charge or Flint and Steel , though Lava will not work. After this is done, the portal opens, granting access to The Nether. Obsidian is also resistant to explosions, with the exception of the Wither 's skeleton skull attack. Because of this fact, many players have constructed execution-by- TNT rooms out of Obsidian.
In addition to the TNT execution rooms, multiplayer servers find Obsidian to be the best defensive structure, as it is nearly impossible to destroy. Making a wall around a city in Obsidian may take a long time, but is well worth the defense when defending from an attack, especially since it renders TNT useless.
- While Obsidian is a strong block in Minecraft , Obsidian in real life is a fragile volcanic glass - but the mistake here comes from Obsidian not being harder than Diamond , but for Obsidian to reach a sharpness equal to (if not, higher) than Diamond. It was for this reason that Obsidian was a popular material used for arrow tips.
- Both Endermen and Obsidian Blocks share a slightly similar texture, hinting at a connection (or a plot point that was later removed).
- Changing the in-game language to Pirate will name the block "Rock o' Tears" possibly a reference to the unimplemented Crying Obsidian .
- It makes a great base/house if a player wants it there permanently, though it makes for a very dark room.
- In Minecraft: Pocket Edition , Glowing Obsidian (a type of Obsidian that glows bright red), can be created by activating a Nether Core Reactor (though it technically cannot be mined).
- Obsidian is one of the only two types of Blocks found in all three Minecraft dimensions, the other being Bedrock .
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!