- block of disregret3408.1k
- different colered bolckby Lord Sushi5407.9k
- Noob Obsidian2408k
- NETHER STONEby DexStar3408.2k
- Nether Portal Peice2408.2k
- Pokeball Blockby Meek Stuff18408.8k
- Volcano Planet3407.6k
- panic at the disco2408.2k
- NEW OBSIDIANby CODER5472408k
- mossy obsidianby razorblazor3407.9k
- devil block1407.8k
- crazy block1407.7k
- Old Sponge4408.1k
- lolby Ajar Taste1407.7k
- Evil obstan1407.9k
- moon rockby Used Kelp2408.3k
- yay i am not black YAY3407.9k
- Nether Obstanby Lone Math1408k
- obsidian topaz block2408k
- wave and LLAAVVAA1408k
- Super End Oreby KestrelMoon2408.1k
- blue blockby Nutty Noise1408k
- Crying Obsidianby Spicy Back2408.1k
- Wither blockby Megalodon072408.5k
- Obsidian Ore3408.1k
- The New Obsidian1407.8k
- dimond obsidion3408.1k
- hot coals2408k
- Super Omega Glitch Blockby Suburban Ant1409.1k
- awsome obsidion2407.8k
- cloudby Tough Poet3408.4k
- super obsidian2407.7k
- steelby Uptight Town2408k
- Jacksecpticyeby LiL K3405.3k
- Angel Block3403.4k
- ;] @by Kwoogie2399.3k
- inferno obsidian1141.4k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Survival Test 0.26-|
|Type of Block||Solid|
|Data Values||Hex: 31 Dec: 49|
Obsidian is also the only material that can make a portal to The Nether , as of the October 31st Halloween Update. To make a portal, a frame made of Obsidian must be erected, standing 4 blocks long and 5 blocks high up including the frame to a square 23 by 23 high as of release 1.7, and the remaining space should be left open. The corner blocks need not be included in the rectangle. Then, the bottom Obsidian blocks should be lit on fire with a Fire Charge or Flint and Steel , though Lava will not work. After this is done, the portal opens, granting access to The Nether. Obsidian is also resistant to explosions, with the exception of the Wither 's skeleton skull attack. Because of this fact, many players have constructed execution-by- TNT rooms out of Obsidian.
In addition to the TNT execution rooms, multiplayer servers find Obsidian to be the best defensive structure, as it is nearly impossible to destroy. Making a wall around a city in Obsidian may take a long time, but is well worth the defense when defending from an attack, especially since it renders TNT useless.
- While Obsidian is a strong block in Minecraft , Obsidian in real life is a fragile volcanic glass - but the mistake here comes from Obsidian not being harder than Diamond , but for Obsidian to reach a sharpness equal to (if not, higher) than Diamond. It was for this reason that Obsidian was a popular material used for arrow tips.
- Both Endermen and Obsidian Blocks share a slightly similar texture, hinting at a connection (or a plot point that was later removed).
- Changing the in-game language to Pirate will name the block "Rock o' Tears" possibly a reference to the unimplemented Crying Obsidian .
- It makes a great base/house if a player wants it there permanently, though it makes for a very dark room.
- In Minecraft: Pocket Edition , Glowing Obsidian (a type of Obsidian that glows bright red), can be created by activating a Nether Core Reactor (though it technically cannot be mined).
- Obsidian is one of the only two types of Blocks found in all three Minecraft dimensions, the other being Bedrock .
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!