- block of disregret3639.9k
- different colered bolckby Lord Sushi5639.6k
- Noob Obsidian3639.6k
- NETHER STONEby DexStar3639.9k
- Nether Portal Peice2640k
- Pokeball Blockby Meek Stuff18640.7k
- Volcano Planet3639.2k
- panic at the disco2639.8k
- NEW OBSIDIANby CODER5472639.6k
- mossy obsidianby razorblazor3639.6k
- devil block1639.4k
- crazy block1639.4k
- Old Sponge4639.9k
- lolby Ajar Taste1639.3k
- Evil obstan1639.5k
- moon rockby Used Kelp2639.9k
- yay i am not black YAY3639.5k
- Nether Obstanby Lone Math1639.6k
- obsidian topaz block2639.7k
- wave and LLAAVVAA1639.7k
- Super End Oreby KestrelMoon2639.9k
- blue blockby Nutty Noise1639.7k
- Crying Obsidianby Spicy Back2639.8k
- Wither blockby Megalodon072640.2k
- Obsidian Ore3639.8k
- The New Obsidian1639.5k
- dimond obsidion3639.8k
- hot coals2639.7k
- Super Omega Glitch Blockby Suburban Ant1640.7k
- awsome obsidion2639.4k
- cloudby Tough Poet3640.4k
- super obsidian2639.3k
- steelby Uptight Town2639.7k
- Jacksecpticyeby LiL K3637k
- Angel Block3635k
- ;] @by Kwoogie2631k
- inferno obsidian1373.1k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Survival Test 0.26-|
|Type of Block||Solid|
|Data Values||Hex: 31 Dec: 49|
Obsidian is also the only material that can make a portal to The Nether , as of the October 31st Halloween Update. To make a portal, a frame made of Obsidian must be erected, standing 4 blocks long and 5 blocks high up including the frame to a square 23 by 23 high as of release 1.7, and the remaining space should be left open. The corner blocks need not be included in the rectangle. Then, the bottom Obsidian blocks should be lit on fire with a Fire Charge or Flint and Steel , though Lava will not work. After this is done, the portal opens, granting access to The Nether. Obsidian is also resistant to explosions, with the exception of the Wither 's skeleton skull attack. Because of this fact, many players have constructed execution-by- TNT rooms out of Obsidian.
In addition to the TNT execution rooms, multiplayer servers find Obsidian to be the best defensive structure, as it is nearly impossible to destroy. Making a wall around a city in Obsidian may take a long time, but is well worth the defense when defending from an attack, especially since it renders TNT useless.
- While Obsidian is a strong block in Minecraft , Obsidian in real life is a fragile volcanic glass - but the mistake here comes from Obsidian not being harder than Diamond , but for Obsidian to reach a sharpness equal to (if not, higher) than Diamond. It was for this reason that Obsidian was a popular material used for arrow tips.
- Both Endermen and Obsidian Blocks share a slightly similar texture, hinting at a connection (or a plot point that was later removed).
- Changing the in-game language to Pirate will name the block "Rock o' Tears" possibly a reference to the unimplemented Crying Obsidian .
- It makes a great base/house if a player wants it there permanently, though it makes for a very dark room.
- In Minecraft: Pocket Edition , Glowing Obsidian (a type of Obsidian that glows bright red), can be created by activating a Nether Core Reactor (though it technically cannot be mined).
- Obsidian is one of the only two types of Blocks found in all three Minecraft dimensions, the other being Bedrock .
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!