- tvby Seemly Ghost1143.2k
- Note bloke3143.9k
- Best Jukebox1143.3k
- Press start0143.6k
- Music box (note block)0143.9k
- girly noteblock0143.1k
- cheese blockby Russel0143.3k
- Black Blue Red0143.3k
- IM SORRY DUDE1143.3k
- emoji block0143.5k
- note block1143.5k
- radioby TMG1012143.6k
- sponge bob0143.2k
- Music Blockby Big M1143.5k
- Tinker Noteblockby Beast0147.7k
- bomb blockby i <3 cats!0143.3k
- The Epic HeadPhone0143.3k
- never matching blockby Unhappy Fox0143.1k
- Chess Block0143.2k
- cartoon nuke2144.2k
- RAINBOW NOTEBLOCK6143.4k
- music controler0143.6k
- Mega Blockby Icky Shampoo1143.4k
- note block1143.2k
- RAINBOW NOTES!by Taboo Jungle1143.2k
- DANCE NOW0143.2k
- Smooth Criminal block(Michael Jackson)by Quick Sense2143.5k
- neon blockby Bright Grip1143.1k
- Puppets music boxby Pure Scepter1143.8k
- The Note Blockby Thorny Truth0143.1k
- New music boxby Partial Hand0143.5k
- mlg block0143.3k
- gold and diamond noteblock4143.3k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Beta 1.2 (PC) / 0.13.0 (PE)|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Tool Used||Axe Graphic|
|Data Values||Hex: 19 Dec: 25|
A Note Block will play a note when hit or when powered by redstone . Redstone current only causes the note to play once, even if it is a continuous current. A note block must have at least one block of air above it to play a sound. Notes can be heard up to 48 blocks away. Each time a note block plays a note, a note particle will fly out of the top, with the color depending on the pitch (but not the instrument). It is possible to make an automatic note block sequence and its relatively cheap to do in survival. Get a Minecart, Powered rail, and detector rail; you can place the rail and power it. Then put the detector rail down and put Redstone leading to a Note Block. Then simply repeat the process until you have all the Note Blocks you want. Then walk into the Minecart (you don't have to ride it.) Then let the Minecart do the rest; you've got an automatic Note Block song!
In order to wire Note Blocks to play a note, power must be applied to the side of the Note Block using Redstone Dust and a Switch or Redstone Torch, or to the bottom using a redstone torch directly. Simply placing a switch or pressure plate on an adjacent block or providing power to the block beneath the Note Block will not work.
If one wants to get a richer tone in the song/sound they're creating they can bind different notes together into a chord, just like in most instruments. This will not only get a better sound to the song, it will also be simpler to place the Redstone.
- Note Blocks can only play when there is at least one block of air above them, so you cannot place blocks like torches and signs directly above Note Blocks (including water).
- In the coding, note blocks are referenced as "music blocks".
- You can make a doorbell or even replicate a music track using note blocks.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!