- tvby Seemly Ghost1144.2k
- Note bloke3145k
- Best Jukebox1144.4k
- Press start0144.7k
- Music box (note block)0145k
- girly noteblock0144.2k
- cheese blockby Russel0144.4k
- Black Blue Red0144.4k
- IM SORRY DUDE1144.4k
- emoji block0144.6k
- note block1144.6k
- radioby TMG1012144.7k
- sponge bob0144.3k
- Music Blockby Big M1144.6k
- Tinker Noteblockby Beast0148.8k
- bomb blockby i <3 cats!0144.4k
- The Epic HeadPhone0144.4k
- never matching blockby Unhappy Fox0144.2k
- Chess Block0144.3k
- cartoon nuke2145.3k
- RAINBOW NOTEBLOCK6144.5k
- music controler0144.6k
- Mega Blockby Icky Shampoo1144.5k
- note block1144.3k
- RAINBOW NOTES!by Taboo Jungle1144.3k
- DANCE NOW0144.3k
- Smooth Criminal block(Michael Jackson)by Quick Sense2144.6k
- neon blockby Bright Grip1144.2k
- Puppets music boxby Pure Scepter1144.8k
- The Note Blockby Thorny Truth0144.2k
- New music boxby Partial Hand0144.6k
- mlg block0144.4k
- gold and diamond noteblock4144.4k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Beta 1.2 (PC) / 0.13.0 (PE)|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Tool Used||Axe Graphic|
|Data Values||Hex: 19 Dec: 25|
A Note Block will play a note when hit or when powered by redstone . Redstone current only causes the note to play once, even if it is a continuous current. A note block must have at least one block of air above it to play a sound. Notes can be heard up to 48 blocks away. Each time a note block plays a note, a note particle will fly out of the top, with the color depending on the pitch (but not the instrument). It is possible to make an automatic note block sequence and its relatively cheap to do in survival. Get a Minecart, Powered rail, and detector rail; you can place the rail and power it. Then put the detector rail down and put Redstone leading to a Note Block. Then simply repeat the process until you have all the Note Blocks you want. Then walk into the Minecart (you don't have to ride it.) Then let the Minecart do the rest; you've got an automatic Note Block song!
In order to wire Note Blocks to play a note, power must be applied to the side of the Note Block using Redstone Dust and a Switch or Redstone Torch, or to the bottom using a redstone torch directly. Simply placing a switch or pressure plate on an adjacent block or providing power to the block beneath the Note Block will not work.
If one wants to get a richer tone in the song/sound they're creating they can bind different notes together into a chord, just like in most instruments. This will not only get a better sound to the song, it will also be simpler to place the Redstone.
- Note Blocks can only play when there is at least one block of air above them, so you cannot place blocks like torches and signs directly above Note Blocks (including water).
- In the coding, note blocks are referenced as "music blocks".
- You can make a doorbell or even replicate a music track using note blocks.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!