- sword in a ice2197.3k
- Snowy day 2by Stupid Sushi0196.3k
- sword in a ice0197.1k
- sword in iceby Akari1197.3k
- slippery wet moss block0196.5k
- Sacred Ice blockby Ricelover1240196.4k
- scrribleby Scorpion0196.3k
- sword in a iceby ClearBear0197.1k
- da red block o desby Dizzle0196.6k
- bby Torpid Reply0196.4k
- colored ice0196.4k
- Hot Ice0196.7k
- indersurctable ice1196.4k
- solar eclipse block3197.4k
- fish in iceby Kooky Marble1196.6k
- sword in iceby Athletic Sun0196.9k
- sword in a iceby Flashy Manor91207.1k
- fish in iceby Aware Bail57199.2k
- its coldby Idle Jungle4196.7k
- big fishby Big M0196.3k
- mushroom block0196.5k
- Dash block0196.4k
- block of kittens1196.4k
- Code iceby The Hunter0197.2k
- the darkby Drab Measure0196.5k
- neon blockby Our Maximum1196.2k
- baby mammoth in ice1197.2k
- The Magical Block Of Lady Irene (Irene is from Aph0196.5k
- pizzaby mlg man0196.5k
- Pink Ice0196.4k
- Imagination Block0196.6k
- Kawaii Blueby Yuiro1196.5k
- Blue Webb0196.7k
- Frozen Sticksby Thick Mammal0196.8k
- iron ice2196.5k
- Possesed Ice0196.4k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 4F Dec: 79|
Ice acts very similar to Snow in the sense that it melts when it comes into contact with Fire , is near a Torch , or is touched by Lava for a short period of time. Ice is not affected by Fire, but when melted with Lava, it will produce Water. This will also happen if Ice is destroyed and there is a Block beneath it.
Ice does not commonly have a use, and was most likely implemented in Minecraft for show and visual effect. Ice cannot naturally be gathered; however, if a Pickaxe has the Silk Touch Enchantment , Ice can successfully be gathered without destroying it.
Ice can be used to make traps, but is not efficient in this as water makes a better substitute in moving mobs. Melted Ice will disappear in the Nether .
In Mob traps, Ice is great for making faster Mob delivery systems. Water traveling over Ice propels items and Mobs faster, decreasing the amount of time the Player must wait.
- Items flowing in Water over Ice will go much faster.
- When Ice is broken, it makes the same breaking sound as Glass .
- Blocks of Water in Arctic Biomes will occasionally freeze, forming blocks of Ice.
- If placed under Soul Sand , the player will move slower on the Soul Sand than if the Ice Block was not there.
- If Ice is placed directly next to Lava or Water, the liquid will be invisible.
- Players can sprint extremely fast on ice.
- By sprinting and jumping while on Ice and inside a 2-block tall tunnel, it is possible to move 16 blocks a second, twice as fast as a full-speed minecart. By replacing the 2-block ceiling with trapdoors, it's possible to travel 1000 blocks in 54 seconds, or 18.518 blocks per second. However, this will drain the player's hunger bar extremely quickly at roughly 1 unit per second.
- Ice can be melted by any block or item that omits a high light level.
- Ice in the Pocket Edition does not have the same transparency as in the PC version.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!