- sword in a ice2206.7k
- Snowy day 2by Stupid Sushi0205.6k
- sword in a ice0206.4k
- sword in iceby Akari1206.7k
- slippery wet moss block0205.9k
- Sacred Ice blockby Ricelover1240205.7k
- scrribleby Scorpion0205.7k
- sword in a iceby ClearBear0206.4k
- da red block o desby Dizzle0206k
- bby Torpid Reply0205.8k
- colored ice0205.7k
- Hot Ice0206k
- indersurctable ice1205.7k
- solar eclipse block3206.8k
- fish in iceby Kooky Marble1205.9k
- sword in iceby Athletic Sun0206.3k
- sword in a iceby Flashy Manor91216.7k
- fish in iceby Aware Bail57208.8k
- its coldby Idle Jungle4206.1k
- big fishby Big M0205.6k
- mushroom block0205.8k
- Dash block0205.7k
- block of kittens1205.8k
- Code iceby The Hunter0206.6k
- the darkby Drab Measure0205.8k
- Block of Illusionby Amara0205.8k
- Block of Illusionby Amara0205.9k
- neon blockby Our Maximum1205.6k
- baby mammoth in ice1206.6k
- The Magical Block Of Lady Irene (Irene is from Aph0205.8k
- pizzaby mlg man0205.9k
- Pink Ice0205.7k
- Imagination Block0205.9k
- Kawaii Blueby Yuiro1205.8k
- Blue Webb0206k
- Frozen Sticksby Thick Mammal0206.1k
- iron ice2205.8k
- Possesed Ice0205.7k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 4F Dec: 79|
Ice acts very similar to Snow in the sense that it melts when it comes into contact with Fire , is near a Torch , or is touched by Lava for a short period of time. Ice is not affected by Fire, but when melted with Lava, it will produce Water. This will also happen if Ice is destroyed and there is a Block beneath it.
Ice does not commonly have a use, and was most likely implemented in Minecraft for show and visual effect. Ice cannot naturally be gathered; however, if a Pickaxe has the Silk Touch Enchantment , Ice can successfully be gathered without destroying it.
Ice can be used to make traps, but is not efficient in this as water makes a better substitute in moving mobs. Melted Ice will disappear in the Nether .
In Mob traps, Ice is great for making faster Mob delivery systems. Water traveling over Ice propels items and Mobs faster, decreasing the amount of time the Player must wait.
- Items flowing in Water over Ice will go much faster.
- When Ice is broken, it makes the same breaking sound as Glass .
- Blocks of Water in Arctic Biomes will occasionally freeze, forming blocks of Ice.
- If placed under Soul Sand , the player will move slower on the Soul Sand than if the Ice Block was not there.
- If Ice is placed directly next to Lava or Water, the liquid will be invisible.
- Players can sprint extremely fast on ice.
- By sprinting and jumping while on Ice and inside a 2-block tall tunnel, it is possible to move 16 blocks a second, twice as fast as a full-speed minecart. By replacing the 2-block ceiling with trapdoors, it's possible to travel 1000 blocks in 54 seconds, or 18.518 blocks per second. However, this will drain the player's hunger bar extremely quickly at roughly 1 unit per second.
- Ice can be melted by any block or item that omits a high light level.
- Ice in the Pocket Edition does not have the same transparency as in the PC version.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!