- sword in a ice2208k
- Snowy day 2by Stupid Sushi0207k
- sword in a ice0207.8k
- sword in iceby Akari1208k
- slippery wet moss block0207.2k
- Sacred Ice blockby Ricelover1240207.1k
- scrribleby Scorpion0207k
- sword in a iceby ClearBear0207.8k
- da red block o desby Dizzle0207.4k
- bby Torpid Reply0207.1k
- colored ice0207.1k
- Hot Ice0207.4k
- indersurctable ice1207.1k
- solar eclipse block3208.1k
- fish in iceby Kooky Marble1207.3k
- sword in iceby Athletic Sun0207.7k
- sword in a iceby Flashy Manor91218.2k
- fish in iceby Aware Bail57210.2k
- its coldby Idle Jungle4207.4k
- big fishby Big M0207k
- mushroom block0207.2k
- Dash block0207.1k
- block of kittens1207.1k
- Code iceby The Hunter0207.9k
- the darkby Drab Measure0207.2k
- neon blockby Our Maximum1206.9k
- baby mammoth in ice1208k
- The Magical Block Of Lady Irene (Irene is from Aph0207.2k
- pizzaby mlg man0207.2k
- Pink Ice0207.1k
- Imagination Block0207.3k
- Kawaii Blueby Yuiro1207.2k
- Blue Webb0207.4k
- Frozen Sticksby Thick Mammal0207.5k
- iron ice2207.2k
- Possesed Ice0207.1k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 4F Dec: 79|
Ice acts very similar to Snow in the sense that it melts when it comes into contact with Fire , is near a Torch , or is touched by Lava for a short period of time. Ice is not affected by Fire, but when melted with Lava, it will produce Water. This will also happen if Ice is destroyed and there is a Block beneath it.
Ice does not commonly have a use, and was most likely implemented in Minecraft for show and visual effect. Ice cannot naturally be gathered; however, if a Pickaxe has the Silk Touch Enchantment , Ice can successfully be gathered without destroying it.
Ice can be used to make traps, but is not efficient in this as water makes a better substitute in moving mobs. Melted Ice will disappear in the Nether .
In Mob traps, Ice is great for making faster Mob delivery systems. Water traveling over Ice propels items and Mobs faster, decreasing the amount of time the Player must wait.
- Items flowing in Water over Ice will go much faster.
- When Ice is broken, it makes the same breaking sound as Glass .
- Blocks of Water in Arctic Biomes will occasionally freeze, forming blocks of Ice.
- If placed under Soul Sand , the player will move slower on the Soul Sand than if the Ice Block was not there.
- If Ice is placed directly next to Lava or Water, the liquid will be invisible.
- Players can sprint extremely fast on ice.
- By sprinting and jumping while on Ice and inside a 2-block tall tunnel, it is possible to move 16 blocks a second, twice as fast as a full-speed minecart. By replacing the 2-block ceiling with trapdoors, it's possible to travel 1000 blocks in 54 seconds, or 18.518 blocks per second. However, this will drain the player's hunger bar extremely quickly at roughly 1 unit per second.
- Ice can be melted by any block or item that omits a high light level.
- Ice in the Pocket Edition does not have the same transparency as in the PC version.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!