- sword in a ice2207.3k
- Snowy day 2by Stupid Sushi0206.2k
- sword in a ice0207.1k
- sword in iceby Akari1207.3k
- slippery wet moss block0206.5k
- Sacred Ice blockby Ricelover1240206.3k
- scrribleby Scorpion0206.3k
- sword in a iceby ClearBear0207k
- da red block o desby Dizzle0206.6k
- bby Torpid Reply0206.4k
- colored ice0206.4k
- Hot Ice0206.6k
- indersurctable ice1206.3k
- solar eclipse block3207.4k
- fish in iceby Kooky Marble1206.5k
- sword in iceby Athletic Sun0206.9k
- sword in a iceby Flashy Manor91217.4k
- fish in iceby Aware Bail57209.4k
- its coldby Idle Jungle4206.7k
- big fishby Big M0206.2k
- mushroom block0206.4k
- Dash block0206.3k
- block of kittens1206.4k
- Code iceby The Hunter0207.2k
- the darkby Drab Measure0206.4k
- Block of Illusionby Amara0206.4k
- Block of Illusionby Amara0206.5k
- neon blockby Our Maximum1206.2k
- baby mammoth in ice1207.2k
- The Magical Block Of Lady Irene (Irene is from Aph0206.4k
- pizzaby mlg man0206.5k
- Pink Ice0206.3k
- Imagination Block0206.5k
- Kawaii Blueby Yuiro1206.4k
- Blue Webb0206.6k
- Frozen Sticksby Thick Mammal0206.7k
- iron ice2206.4k
- Possesed Ice0206.3k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 4F Dec: 79|
Ice acts very similar to Snow in the sense that it melts when it comes into contact with Fire , is near a Torch , or is touched by Lava for a short period of time. Ice is not affected by Fire, but when melted with Lava, it will produce Water. This will also happen if Ice is destroyed and there is a Block beneath it.
Ice does not commonly have a use, and was most likely implemented in Minecraft for show and visual effect. Ice cannot naturally be gathered; however, if a Pickaxe has the Silk Touch Enchantment , Ice can successfully be gathered without destroying it.
Ice can be used to make traps, but is not efficient in this as water makes a better substitute in moving mobs. Melted Ice will disappear in the Nether .
In Mob traps, Ice is great for making faster Mob delivery systems. Water traveling over Ice propels items and Mobs faster, decreasing the amount of time the Player must wait.
- Items flowing in Water over Ice will go much faster.
- When Ice is broken, it makes the same breaking sound as Glass .
- Blocks of Water in Arctic Biomes will occasionally freeze, forming blocks of Ice.
- If placed under Soul Sand , the player will move slower on the Soul Sand than if the Ice Block was not there.
- If Ice is placed directly next to Lava or Water, the liquid will be invisible.
- Players can sprint extremely fast on ice.
- By sprinting and jumping while on Ice and inside a 2-block tall tunnel, it is possible to move 16 blocks a second, twice as fast as a full-speed minecart. By replacing the 2-block ceiling with trapdoors, it's possible to travel 1000 blocks in 54 seconds, or 18.518 blocks per second. However, this will drain the player's hunger bar extremely quickly at roughly 1 unit per second.
- Ice can be melted by any block or item that omits a high light level.
- Ice in the Pocket Edition does not have the same transparency as in the PC version.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!