- sword in a ice2198.9k
- Snowy day 2by Stupid Sushi0197.8k
- sword in a ice0198.7k
- sword in iceby Akari1198.9k
- slippery wet moss block0198.1k
- Sacred Ice blockby Ricelover1240197.9k
- scrribleby Scorpion0197.9k
- sword in a iceby ClearBear0198.6k
- da red block o desby Dizzle0198.2k
- bby Torpid Reply0198k
- colored ice0198k
- Hot Ice0198.2k
- indersurctable ice1197.9k
- solar eclipse block3199k
- fish in iceby Kooky Marble1198.1k
- sword in iceby Athletic Sun0198.5k
- sword in a iceby Flashy Manor91208.6k
- fish in iceby Aware Bail57200.8k
- its coldby Idle Jungle4198.3k
- big fishby Big M0197.8k
- mushroom block0198.1k
- Dash block0198k
- block of kittens1198k
- Code iceby The Hunter0198.8k
- the darkby Drab Measure0198k
- Block of Illusionby Amara0198k
- Block of Illusionby Amara0198.1k
- neon blockby Our Maximum1197.8k
- baby mammoth in ice1198.8k
- The Magical Block Of Lady Irene (Irene is from Aph0198k
- pizzaby mlg man0198.1k
- Pink Ice0198k
- Imagination Block0198.1k
- Kawaii Blueby Yuiro1198k
- Blue Webb0198.2k
- Frozen Sticksby Thick Mammal0198.4k
- iron ice2198k
- Possesed Ice0198k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 4F Dec: 79|
Ice acts very similar to Snow in the sense that it melts when it comes into contact with Fire , is near a Torch , or is touched by Lava for a short period of time. Ice is not affected by Fire, but when melted with Lava, it will produce Water. This will also happen if Ice is destroyed and there is a Block beneath it.
Ice does not commonly have a use, and was most likely implemented in Minecraft for show and visual effect. Ice cannot naturally be gathered; however, if a Pickaxe has the Silk Touch Enchantment , Ice can successfully be gathered without destroying it.
Ice can be used to make traps, but is not efficient in this as water makes a better substitute in moving mobs. Melted Ice will disappear in the Nether .
In Mob traps, Ice is great for making faster Mob delivery systems. Water traveling over Ice propels items and Mobs faster, decreasing the amount of time the Player must wait.
- Items flowing in Water over Ice will go much faster.
- When Ice is broken, it makes the same breaking sound as Glass .
- Blocks of Water in Arctic Biomes will occasionally freeze, forming blocks of Ice.
- If placed under Soul Sand , the player will move slower on the Soul Sand than if the Ice Block was not there.
- If Ice is placed directly next to Lava or Water, the liquid will be invisible.
- Players can sprint extremely fast on ice.
- By sprinting and jumping while on Ice and inside a 2-block tall tunnel, it is possible to move 16 blocks a second, twice as fast as a full-speed minecart. By replacing the 2-block ceiling with trapdoors, it's possible to travel 1000 blocks in 54 seconds, or 18.518 blocks per second. However, this will drain the player's hunger bar extremely quickly at roughly 1 unit per second.
- Ice can be melted by any block or item that omits a high light level.
- Ice in the Pocket Edition does not have the same transparency as in the PC version.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!