- mr. colorfulby Adored March091.4k
- Noob Gravel091.3k
- end portal blockby Davyplays191.9k
- hack gravle091.6k
- Nerd brain091.5k
- Red Gravelby Steady Troll091.4k
- Speckled gravleby Super Swag191.9k
- ice gravel091.4k
- Smooth Gravel191.3k
- Rainbow Gravel!by Same Fog191.3k
- smilyby FIFI091.4k
- BV Gravelby Mothman091.3k
- golden amantheys block291.3k
- abandon house carpet091.7k
- Party gravel091.2k
- Sedimentary Rock091.2k
- Dirty stone091.2k
- masked Woman091.4k
- odd keystone091.3k
- Infected coal block292.1k
- whitescreenby thelastking091.2k
- Hot rocks091.2k
- invisable block197.1k
- cookie block291.3k
- popby Candid Knock191.3k
- under pantz091.3k
- gravelby Loving Wish391.3k
- meby Late Unicorn091.1k
- making gravel great againby Strong Buy091.9k
- Master blockby Levetti291.3k
- rainbow gravel191.1k
- FNAF block394.4k
- gravrockby VVXZ091.7k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Classic 0.0.14a|
|Type of Block||Solid block|
|Data Values||Hex: 0D Dec: 13|
Gravel is a medium grey block with dark grey marks on it. Its previous texture had a pink/purple tint, but this was changed.
Gravel's abundance and gravity-obeying property makes it useful for a variety of tasks, along with its gravity-obeying partner, Sand . For exploration, it can be used to quickly build pillars to reach heights that are easy to dismantle after. They can also be used to quickly fill in Water or Lava lakes by dropping them on the edges or against overhead blocks, so that they fall and occupy the fluids. Filling caves in with Gravel is a quick way to prevent mobs from spawning. Mobs can be suffocated with Gravel, too. This is an efficient way to raid a dungeon. If mined, Gravel has a slight chance of dropping Flints . If using a Tool with the Fortune Enchantment, however, there is a 100% chance the player will find Flints.
Gravel is also commonly used for traps where pistons move down, allowing the gravel to move down as well, so something else such as water or lava will flow in where the gravel was, effectively making a bridge across a moat. This saves the player from having to use Slimeballs for Sticky Pistons . Another trap that Gravel is useful for is setting a suffocation trap. This is where pistons would be triggered and retract sideways, allowing the gravel to fall on top of whoever was below.
- In the Nether , it is possible to find massive cliffs made of naturally-floating Gravel. Just like with Sand, if any are destroyed, replaced, removed, or if a Ghast's fireball hits them, all of the adjacent floating blocks will collapse.
- Back in beta versions, there were errors of Gravel appearing everywhere (even in The Void , though it is extremely, extremely rare.) These masses were called "Gravel beaches," which can still be seen in the Overworld .
- In caves (mainly ravines) there is another glitch called "floating Gravel" in which Gravel is floating in midair without any block under it. A simple hit can cause the gravel patches to fall. This can happen in Mineshafts.
- Gravel is used as a pathway in NPC Villages. Due to its gravity obeying nature, it can collapse into caves, leaving villagers trapped underground. This will be fixed in version 1.8: Cobblestone will generate underneath the Gravel pathways, preventing it from collapsing.
- As a version exclusive, gravel that is capable of collapsing releases particles in Pocket Edition.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!