- iceglow stone7351.4k
- DIAMOND STONE1350.6k
- Abstract Rainbow Glowstone1350.7k
- obsidian stoneby Cheap Trust0349.9k
- house blockby Evil Stamp0350.5k
- Noob Glowstone1350.3k
- Glowstoneby cymbalism1350.5k
- Aqua Stoneby sdfjkadSBKL45342.5k
- blue stoneby Princetk0350k
- Flowery lampshade6338.3k
- rainbow stone0350.1k
- Light Blockby TheTurtle5000350.1k
- The True Glowstoneby Future Look0350.2k
- smiling lightby Full Nerd0350k
- kina lampa0350k
- rainbow block0350.1k
- Nether Lantern0350.4k
- Exploding Glowstone0350.2k
- Gold Edge Glowstoneby Lone Math0350.5k
- red glow0350.2k
- Blue Stone0350.3k
- Nuclear Glowstoneby relyK.java1349.8k
- cheese ore1350.4k
- normal glowstone, obviouslyby Spicy Back0350.2k
- Blue glowstoneby Megalodon070350.5k
- no stone2350.1k
- Bar Lamp0349.9k
- Colorful GlowStone0350.1k
- pink glowstoneby kitcat0350.2k
- paint blockby Beast0350.5k
- SunBlockby Angelic Gel1349.9k
- rare glostone0350.4k
- glow block0350.5k
- MY FRIEND KARLOS0350.1k
- Colurful Light!0350.1k
- Magic lamp20350.6k
- Magical Dust Block1350.3k
- smile now0267.2k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.2.0|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Stackable?||Yes (Max 64)|
|Data Values||Hex: 59 Dec: 89|
Glowstone clusters can be found either very high, or at almost ground level in the Nether. They may be located over lava or in extremely high places, making it difficult to harvest and gain all of the dropped Glowstone Dust. Glowstone can also be obtained from villager trading.
When Glowstone is destroyed, it can drop anywhere from two to four pieces of Glowstone Dust , therefore destroying n amount of Glowstone Blocks won't necessarily mean you can make n Glowstone Blocks from the dust gathered.
Breaking this block drops Glowstone dust , which may be used to re-craft the glowstone blocks. Unlike torches, it isn't destroyed by water and continues to emit light even when submerged like Jack-O-Lantern and Sea Lanterns . Like all non-sunlight light sources, glowstone blocks will cause nearby snow and ice to melt. Glowstone itself has a crafting recipe for crafting a Redstone Lamp .
- As of the beta 1.6.6 update, the tool used to extract Glowstone (Dust) changed from a sword, when it acted like a glass type block, to a pickaxe, as it became a stone type block. In the same update, the amount of Glowstone Dust needed to craft a Glowstone Block changed from nine to four, and the amount of Glowstone Dust dropped after destroying a Glowstone Block changed from 1 to a range of 2 to 4 (unless with the fortune enchantment). However, after 1.0.0, the tool required to destroy the block was changed back to a Sword, as the block's type was changed back from "Stone" to "Glass".
- However, after 1.0.0, the tool required to destroy the block was changed back to a Sword, as the block's type was changed back from "Stone" to "Glass".
- A useful tactic for reaching clusters of Glowstone Blocks that are very high up is to redirect a Ghast's fireball at it. This is only recommended if the cluster itself is over ground though, else the resulting dust could easily fall into the lava sea below.
- Before 1.2.5, Mining Glowstone will yield Glowstone dust, but using the Silk Touch enchantment will yield a Glowstone Block.
- The other name for Glowstone, Brimstone, is another name for pure sulfur.
- A redstone current can be directed up and through glowstone, but not down it.
- In Minecraft Alpha , Glowstone gave the player one piece of Glowstone Dust instead of two to four.
- Before Minecraft Beta 1.6, Glowstone had an old crafting recipe. The player needed nine pieces of Glowstone Dust instead of four.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!