- iceglow stone7318.8k
- DIAMOND STONE1318.1k
- Abstract Rainbow Glowstone1318.2k
- obsidian stoneby Cheap Trust0317.5k
- house blockby Evil Stamp0318.1k
- Noob Glowstone1317.9k
- Glowstoneby cymbalism1318.1k
- Aqua Stoneby sdfjkadSBKL45309.7k
- blue stoneby Princetk0317.6k
- Flowery lampshade6305.7k
- rainbow stone0317.7k
- Light Blockby TheTurtle5000317.7k
- The True Glowstoneby Future Look0317.8k
- smiling lightby Full Nerd0317.6k
- kina lampa0317.6k
- rainbow block0317.7k
- Nether Lantern0318k
- Exploding Glowstone0317.8k
- Gold Edge Glowstoneby Lone Math0318k
- Sun Block1318.3k
- red glow0317.8k
- Blue Stone0317.9k
- Nuclear Glowstoneby relyK.java1317.4k
- cheese ore1317.9k
- normal glowstone, obviouslyby Spicy Back0317.8k
- Blue glowstoneby Megalodon070318.1k
- no stone2317.7k
- Bar Lamp0317.5k
- Colorful GlowStone0317.7k
- pink glowstoneby kitcat0317.8k
- paint blockby Beast0318k
- SunBlockby Angelic Gel1317.5k
- rare glostone0318k
- glow block0318.1k
- MY FRIEND KARLOS0317.7k
- Colurful Light!0317.7k
- Magic lamp20318.1k
- Magical Dust Block1317.9k
- smile now0234.8k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.2.0|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Stackable?||Yes (Max 64)|
|Data Values||Hex: 59 Dec: 89|
Glowstone clusters can be found either very high, or at almost ground level in the Nether. They may be located over lava or in extremely high places, making it difficult to harvest and gain all of the dropped Glowstone Dust. Glowstone can also be obtained from villager trading.
When Glowstone is destroyed, it can drop anywhere from two to four pieces of Glowstone Dust , therefore destroying n amount of Glowstone Blocks won't necessarily mean you can make n Glowstone Blocks from the dust gathered.
Breaking this block drops Glowstone dust , which may be used to re-craft the glowstone blocks. Unlike torches, it isn't destroyed by water and continues to emit light even when submerged like Jack-O-Lantern and Sea Lanterns . Like all non-sunlight light sources, glowstone blocks will cause nearby snow and ice to melt. Glowstone itself has a crafting recipe for crafting a Redstone Lamp .
- As of the beta 1.6.6 update, the tool used to extract Glowstone (Dust) changed from a sword, when it acted like a glass type block, to a pickaxe, as it became a stone type block. In the same update, the amount of Glowstone Dust needed to craft a Glowstone Block changed from nine to four, and the amount of Glowstone Dust dropped after destroying a Glowstone Block changed from 1 to a range of 2 to 4 (unless with the fortune enchantment). However, after 1.0.0, the tool required to destroy the block was changed back to a Sword, as the block's type was changed back from "Stone" to "Glass".
- However, after 1.0.0, the tool required to destroy the block was changed back to a Sword, as the block's type was changed back from "Stone" to "Glass".
- A useful tactic for reaching clusters of Glowstone Blocks that are very high up is to redirect a Ghast's fireball at it. This is only recommended if the cluster itself is over ground though, else the resulting dust could easily fall into the lava sea below.
- Before 1.2.5, Mining Glowstone will yield Glowstone dust, but using the Silk Touch enchantment will yield a Glowstone Block.
- The other name for Glowstone, Brimstone, is another name for pure sulfur.
- A redstone current can be directed up and through glowstone, but not down it.
- In Minecraft Alpha , Glowstone gave the player one piece of Glowstone Dust instead of two to four.
- Before Minecraft Beta 1.6, Glowstone had an old crafting recipe. The player needed nine pieces of Glowstone Dust instead of four.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!