- broken instragram block and glitch8599.7k
- the yin of yang6623.8k
- lucky block2623.9k
- 4th of July10624.4k
- Extra Heartby Soldier2917598.3k
- Heartby Soldier292623.6k
- Instagram Block36600.8k
- RAiNBOW BLOCKby Fortnite God515638k
- MyBlockby Rash Power1623.7k
- Instagram Block43602.4k
- ROBLOXby DJ Llama1624.6k
- real jeepby Plaid Gum11598.8k
- color full blockby gracy1623.8k
- 6 headit zombe blockby MR duck3625.4k
- Alex's special clay2623.9k
- The Yin & Yang2623.8k
- Noob Clay2627.6k
- (F.N.A.F.) Blank Wall0624k
- broken House0624.3k
- forget me not clay0623.8k
- color boxby Grim Piano1623.7k
- rubik 2 x 21623.6k
- block of googleby K2S03624.1k
- Color Clay5624.3k
- pokemon ball11626.2k
- Gold clayby Macho Signal0623.7k
- Pac-Man eating a Ghostby mr oof3625.2k
- Colour Boxby Careful Rock0623.7k
- Ignighted clay0623.8k
- House in the summer19603.3k
- rainbow picture0623.7k
- Blue blue blue blue red blue blue black red blue r3625.1k
- checker boardby awesome guy0554.7k
- cabageby Modern Pedal0492.9k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.0.11|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 52 Dec: 82|
The primary use for Clay Blocks is as a storage item for Clay balls. As of 1.6.1, it can be smelted to make Hardened Clay, a decoration block.
- In real life, the color of clay can actually be bright red, a deep red, tan, or brown due to iron mixing with the clay, not just gray. Clay will also keep its color in block form. This means that Bricks, after Clay is smelted in the Furnace, should be gray and not red-brown.
- Clay is usually found underground in the real world, unlike in the game, where it is commonly found in shallow water.
- If inventory space is tight, Clay balls can be formed back into Clay Blocks using the inventory crafting grid. This is a good way to conserve space, but the Blocks must be placed and destroyed again to get the Clay balls back.
- As of the 1.6.1 release, Clay Blocks can now be smelted into Hardened Clay, which can then be dyed. This makes Clay Blocks, Wood , and Netherrack the only Blocks that can be smelted. Clay is also the only Block that, when smelted, makes a Block; the other two make items, namely Charcoal and Nether Bricks respectively.
- It is best to find a way to shovel the Clay above water, as it will take longer to break the Block while underwater.
- During Beta 1.6, in newly generated chunks, Clay Blocks were nearly nonexistent. To be specific, Clay only generated when the x and z coordinates were the same, severely limiting the amount of Clay on the map. This was fixed in 1.7. Back then, Clay was actually rarer than Diamond . This led to the phrase "You missed clay!".
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!