- broken instragram block and glitch8721.4k
- the yin of yang6745k
- lucky block2745.1k
- 4th of July10745.6k
- Extra Heartby Soldier2917719.8k
- Heartby Soldier292744.8k
- Instagram Block36722.3k
- RAiNBOW BLOCKby Fortnite God523765k
- MyBlockby Rash Power1744.9k
- Instagram Block43724.3k
- ROBLOXby DJ Llama1745.8k
- real jeepby Plaid Gum11720.3k
- color full blockby gracy1745k
- 6 headit zombe blockby MR duck3747.1k
- Alex's special clay2745.1k
- The Yin & Yang2745.1k
- Noob Clay2749k
- (F.N.A.F.) Blank Wall0745.2k
- broken House0745.5k
- forget me not clay0745.1k
- color boxby Grim Piano1744.9k
- rubik 2 x 21744.8k
- block of googleby K2S03745.3k
- Color Clay5745.7k
- pokemon ball11747.9k
- Gold clayby Macho Signal0744.8k
- Pac-Man eating a Ghostby mr oof3747.1k
- Colour Boxby Careful Rock0744.9k
- Ignighted clay0744.9k
- House in the summer19724.7k
- rainbow picture0744.9k
- Blue blue blue blue red blue blue black red blue r3746.5k
- checker boardby awesome guy0675.9k
- cabageby Modern Pedal0614.1k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.0.11|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 52 Dec: 82|
The primary use for Clay Blocks is as a storage item for Clay balls. As of 1.6.1, it can be smelted to make Hardened Clay, a decoration block.
- In real life, the color of clay can actually be bright red, a deep red, tan, or brown due to iron mixing with the clay, not just gray. Clay will also keep its color in block form. This means that Bricks, after Clay is smelted in the Furnace, should be gray and not red-brown.
- Clay is usually found underground in the real world, unlike in the game, where it is commonly found in shallow water.
- If inventory space is tight, Clay balls can be formed back into Clay Blocks using the inventory crafting grid. This is a good way to conserve space, but the Blocks must be placed and destroyed again to get the Clay balls back.
- As of the 1.6.1 release, Clay Blocks can now be smelted into Hardened Clay, which can then be dyed. This makes Clay Blocks, Wood , and Netherrack the only Blocks that can be smelted. Clay is also the only Block that, when smelted, makes a Block; the other two make items, namely Charcoal and Nether Bricks respectively.
- It is best to find a way to shovel the Clay above water, as it will take longer to break the Block while underwater.
- During Beta 1.6, in newly generated chunks, Clay Blocks were nearly nonexistent. To be specific, Clay only generated when the x and z coordinates were the same, severely limiting the amount of Clay on the map. This was fixed in 1.7. Back then, Clay was actually rarer than Diamond . This led to the phrase "You missed clay!".
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!