- broken instragram block and glitch8574.5k
- the yin of yang6598.8k
- lucky block2598.9k
- 4th of July10599.4k
- Extra Heartby Soldier2917573.2k
- Heartby Soldier292598.6k
- Instagram Block36575.8k
- RAiNBOW BLOCKby Fortnite God513611.8k
- MyBlockby Rash Power1598.7k
- Instagram Block43577.3k
- ROBLOXby DJ Llama1599.6k
- real jeepby Plaid Gum11573.8k
- color full blockby gracy1598.8k
- 6 headit zombe blockby MR duck3600.3k
- Alex's special clay2598.9k
- The Yin & Yang2598.8k
- Noob Clay2602.6k
- (F.N.A.F.) Blank Wall0599k
- broken House0599.3k
- forget me not clay0598.9k
- color boxby Grim Piano1598.7k
- rubik 2 x 21598.6k
- block of googleby K2S03599.1k
- Color Clay5599.3k
- pokemon ball11601.1k
- Gold clayby Macho Signal0598.7k
- Pac-Man eating a Ghostby mr oof3600.1k
- Colour Boxby Careful Rock0598.7k
- Ignighted clay0598.8k
- House in the summer19578.3k
- rainbow picture0598.7k
- Blue blue blue blue red blue blue black red blue r3600k
- checker boardby awesome guy0529.7k
- cabageby Modern Pedal0467.9k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.0.11|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 52 Dec: 82|
The primary use for Clay Blocks is as a storage item for Clay balls. As of 1.6.1, it can be smelted to make Hardened Clay, a decoration block.
- In real life, the color of clay can actually be bright red, a deep red, tan, or brown due to iron mixing with the clay, not just gray. Clay will also keep its color in block form. This means that Bricks, after Clay is smelted in the Furnace, should be gray and not red-brown.
- Clay is usually found underground in the real world, unlike in the game, where it is commonly found in shallow water.
- If inventory space is tight, Clay balls can be formed back into Clay Blocks using the inventory crafting grid. This is a good way to conserve space, but the Blocks must be placed and destroyed again to get the Clay balls back.
- As of the 1.6.1 release, Clay Blocks can now be smelted into Hardened Clay, which can then be dyed. This makes Clay Blocks, Wood , and Netherrack the only Blocks that can be smelted. Clay is also the only Block that, when smelted, makes a Block; the other two make items, namely Charcoal and Nether Bricks respectively.
- It is best to find a way to shovel the Clay above water, as it will take longer to break the Block while underwater.
- During Beta 1.6, in newly generated chunks, Clay Blocks were nearly nonexistent. To be specific, Clay only generated when the x and z coordinates were the same, severely limiting the amount of Clay on the map. This was fixed in 1.7. Back then, Clay was actually rarer than Diamond . This led to the phrase "You missed clay!".
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!