- broken instragram block and glitch8646.3k
- the yin of yang6670.2k
- lucky block2670.4k
- 4th of July10670.8k
- Extra Heartby Soldier2917644.7k
- Heartby Soldier292670.1k
- Instagram Block36647.4k
- RAiNBOW BLOCKby Fortnite God518686.5k
- MyBlockby Rash Power1670.1k
- Instagram Block43649.1k
- ROBLOXby DJ Llama1671.1k
- real jeepby Plaid Gum11645.3k
- color full blockby gracy1670.2k
- 6 headit zombe blockby MR duck3672k
- Alex's special clay2670.3k
- The Yin & Yang2670.3k
- Noob Clay2674.1k
- (F.N.A.F.) Blank Wall0670.5k
- broken House0670.7k
- forget me not clay0670.3k
- color boxby Grim Piano1670.1k
- rubik 2 x 21670k
- block of googleby K2S03670.5k
- Color Clay5670.8k
- pokemon ball11672.8k
- Gold clayby Macho Signal0670.1k
- Pac-Man eating a Ghostby mr oof3672k
- Colour Boxby Careful Rock0670.1k
- Ignighted clay0670.2k
- House in the summer19649.8k
- rainbow picture0670.2k
- Blue blue blue blue red blue blue black red blue r3671.6k
- checker boardby awesome guy0601.1k
- cabageby Modern Pedal0539.3k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.0.11|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 52 Dec: 82|
The primary use for Clay Blocks is as a storage item for Clay balls. As of 1.6.1, it can be smelted to make Hardened Clay, a decoration block.
- In real life, the color of clay can actually be bright red, a deep red, tan, or brown due to iron mixing with the clay, not just gray. Clay will also keep its color in block form. This means that Bricks, after Clay is smelted in the Furnace, should be gray and not red-brown.
- Clay is usually found underground in the real world, unlike in the game, where it is commonly found in shallow water.
- If inventory space is tight, Clay balls can be formed back into Clay Blocks using the inventory crafting grid. This is a good way to conserve space, but the Blocks must be placed and destroyed again to get the Clay balls back.
- As of the 1.6.1 release, Clay Blocks can now be smelted into Hardened Clay, which can then be dyed. This makes Clay Blocks, Wood , and Netherrack the only Blocks that can be smelted. Clay is also the only Block that, when smelted, makes a Block; the other two make items, namely Charcoal and Nether Bricks respectively.
- It is best to find a way to shovel the Clay above water, as it will take longer to break the Block while underwater.
- During Beta 1.6, in newly generated chunks, Clay Blocks were nearly nonexistent. To be specific, Clay only generated when the x and z coordinates were the same, severely limiting the amount of Clay on the map. This was fixed in 1.7. Back then, Clay was actually rarer than Diamond . This led to the phrase "You missed clay!".
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!