- Black Cactus NEW0216.3k
- yellow cactusby FurryGod#10216.4k
- noob cactus1217k
- spikesby Single Doubt0216.3k
- number block.0218k
- invisible cactus3222.6k
- pickleby Jumpy Ghoul0216.3k
- the red thorned caktiby meenice5100216.2k
- ? guy0216.3k
- cuddly cactusby Grey Opinion0216.4k
- lucky block1216.8k
- BLUE CAUSTICS BY RYDER1216.7k
- wertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmby Evil Stamp0216k
- deal with it caktis1216.6k
- Booper Dooper0216.2k
- THIS IS HOW MR.CEDOR FLATENS AUNT PEGGY2217.6k
- cacis Bby r j1216.2k
- Rainbow cactus2216.5k
- gertueby cool0217k
- Bloodied Cactus14151.6k
- CACTiby Aged Oven2217.5k
- colorful cactusby Adored March0216.4k
- lame blockby Heavy Gate0216.2k
- Noob Cactus2220.8k
- glanby Thin Tear0216.2k
- frost cactusby Tall Plane0216.7k
- Pink Masby Upbeat Spray1216.6k
- No name0216.4k
- cactus face0216.7k
- Diamond cacti0216.9k
- The cactus of sharpness doomby Junior Flash1217.1k
- moo cubeby Smooth Reply1216.5k
- nether cactusby Royal Bear0216.2k
- Rainbow cactus0216k
- cactus bomb1205.1k
- Martian Cactus1196.1k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.0.6|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 51 Dec: 81|
Here are two good options for farming: automatic farms, and manual farms. Automatic farms can involve pistons and redstone to push the blocks, forcing their gravity-affected nature to come into play. The other option for cactus farming is to simply place a block above and beside the single block of cactus, whenever the cactus attempts to grow, the block will be destroyed because of the cactus's inability to be adjacent to other blocks. One good way to make a farm is putting water around a cactus and a room under the cactus to catch items. You will be damaged if you go near a cactus. You can only place them on sand.
Cacti will destroy any item that come into contact with them, including harvested cacti blocks. If a player dies by cacti, it is likely that many of their dropped items will be destroyed. Therefore, making traps with cacti in order to farm resources can be less efficient. Cactus can be cooked in a furnace to make cactus green dye. Cacti can be used to protect your house from monsters by using two to three-block-high cactus, and then putting a netherrack block in the ground next to the cactus, then lighting it on fire. This is a common and simple wall which is good against all mobs. Another form of cactus defense is to surround your home with cacti in a wall, with each cactus diagonal from the next one. This is also very efficient, and is easier to make since it does not require traveling to The Nether or anything that might be difficult to obtain. You can also place cacti in flower pots; this way they will not hurt you and you do not need to worry about them being next to a wall.
- When a minecart hits a cactus block, the minecart is destroyed and dropped.
- Cacti can be placed next to saplings. However, the cactus will break when the tree grows.
- In the beta version of Minecraft, cacti were slightly larger when dropped.
- Spiders can climb over cacti, but are hurt in the process.
- The tops of cacti also deal damage despite the lack of spikes.
- What ever item or block you drop on the cacti it will disappear. This makes it a good trash disposal instead of dangerous, burning lava.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!