- american flag31051.9k
- Snapchatby THEATER_NERD11052k
- Bunte Kiste01051.7k
- stary blinder11051.5k
- libray funby littlegsxr21052.6k
- Mage TNT01052.4k
- Baby Pumpkin21052.8k
- Evil Pumkin 2by Darkstalker71053.4k
- Copy of Dsk01051.6k
- AC-DC TNT BOOKSHELF01051.9k
- clothing blockby Daisy(^. ^)111034.7k
- Magicalby Worn Bloom161034.1k
- The Worthy Shining Block (Rainbow)by TheEpicBomb01051.8k
- The Worthy Shining Block (Orange)by TheEpicBomb01051.9k
- Shayla'S Special Bookshelf11051.6k
- shadow blockby Evil Stamp01051.5k
- The check11052.1k
- toilet block01052.1k
- Rainbow Bookshelfby cymbalism151037.2k
- Lovely booksby nelxia01052.1k
- sunset blockby DexStar11052.1k
- Noob Bookshelf21056.8k
- south African flagby Valid Start01051.6k
- the ultimate block11051.7k
- Bock shelf 2by Macho Shoe71052k
- Rainbow pastel bookshelfby Spooky Gate31053.5k
- colorful bookshelfby Ocean11051.7k
- Mapping bookshelfby Third Jewel01052k
- Cute Book Shelfby Lovely Cook11052.7k
- Bookshelfby AlphaCount01051.7k
- Kids Bookshelf11052.1k
- Gaia Planet01052.1k
- secret doorby Nickname51053.4k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Survival Test 0.26-|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Tool Used||Axe Graphic|
|Data Values||Hex: 2F Dec: 47|
Bookshelves are generated in Libraries , inside Strongholds , and within NPC Villages . A single Bookshelf can be crafted by arranging six Wooden Planks and three Books . Whenever a Bookshelf is destroyed, it will drop three books. Bookshelves are very important for improving Enchantment Tables . When placed close to one, it will begin to send floating white symbols to the book. This grants the player a chance to receive better enchantments, though not guaranteed. To function, a bookshelf must be within a two-block distance of the enchanting table, with one empty space and no obstructions between. The bookshelf will still be in proximity if stacked up to three blocks high. An enchanting table can connect to no more than 15 bookshelf blocks within range, any additional bookshelves do not contribute to the enchanting effect.
Bookshelves were added in the 0.26 patch of Survival Test, but they were not able to be naturally spawned until the 0.28 patch. They were left in obscurity, as they could not be crafted until Beta. Bookshelves and libraries were finally implemented in Beta 1.9 pre-release 3, as they could be used to receive higher enchantments on weapons and tools. As of Beta 1.9, destroying a Bookshelf will drop three Books. Bookshelves can also be obtained in a trade with Villagers as of 1.3.1.
- Bookshelves are also in Minecraft Java Edition .
- A Bookshelf Block will always have exactly the same books in exactly the same places, meaning that the books are either exactly the same, or books in series.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!