- american flag3931.4k
- Snapchatby THEATER_NERD1931.5k
- Bunte Kiste0931.2k
- stary blinder1931.1k
- libray funby littlegsxr2932.1k
- Mage TNT0931.9k
- Baby Pumpkin2932.3k
- Evil Pumkin 2by Darkstalker7932.8k
- Copy of Dsk0931.2k
- AC-DC TNT BOOKSHELF0931.4k
- clothing blockby Daisy(^. ^)11914k
- Magicalby Worn Bloom16913.6k
- The Worthy Shining Block (Rainbow)by TheEpicBomb0931.4k
- The Worthy Shining Block (Orange)by TheEpicBomb0931.4k
- Shayla'S Special Bookshelf1931.2k
- shadow blockby Evil Stamp0931k
- The check1931.6k
- toilet block0931.6k
- Rainbow Bookshelfby cymbalism14916.6k
- Lovely booksby nelxia0931.6k
- sunset blockby DexStar1931.6k
- Noob Bookshelf2936.1k
- south African flagby Valid Start0931.1k
- the ultimate block1931.2k
- Bock shelf 2by Macho Shoe7931.5k
- Ivisible Block0931.2k
- Rainbow pastel bookshelfby Spooky Gate3933k
- colorful bookshelfby Ocean1931.2k
- Mapping bookshelfby Third Jewel0931.5k
- Cute Book Shelfby Lovely Cook1932.2k
- Bookshelfby AlphaCount0931.2k
- Kids Bookshelf1931.6k
- Gaia Planet0931.6k
- secret doorby Nickname5932.7k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Survival Test 0.26-|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Tool Used||Axe Graphic|
|Data Values||Hex: 2F Dec: 47|
Bookshelves are generated in Libraries , inside Strongholds , and within NPC Villages . A single Bookshelf can be crafted by arranging six Wooden Planks and three Books . Whenever a Bookshelf is destroyed, it will drop three books. Bookshelves are very important for improving Enchantment Tables . When placed close to one, it will begin to send floating white symbols to the book. This grants the player a chance to receive better enchantments, though not guaranteed. To function, a bookshelf must be within a two-block distance of the enchanting table, with one empty space and no obstructions between. The bookshelf will still be in proximity if stacked up to three blocks high. An enchanting table can connect to no more than 15 bookshelf blocks within range, any additional bookshelves do not contribute to the enchanting effect.
Bookshelves were added in the 0.26 patch of Survival Test, but they were not able to be naturally spawned until the 0.28 patch. They were left in obscurity, as they could not be crafted until Beta. Bookshelves and libraries were finally implemented in Beta 1.9 pre-release 3, as they could be used to receive higher enchantments on weapons and tools. As of Beta 1.9, destroying a Bookshelf will drop three Books. Bookshelves can also be obtained in a trade with Villagers as of 1.3.1.
- Bookshelves are also in Minecraft Java Edition .
- A Bookshelf Block will always have exactly the same books in exactly the same places, meaning that the books are either exactly the same, or books in series.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!