- american flag3974.4k
- Snapchatby THEATER_NERD1974.5k
- Bunte Kiste0974.2k
- stary blinder1974.1k
- libray funby littlegsxr2975.1k
- Mage TNT0974.9k
- Baby Pumpkin2975.3k
- Evil Pumkin 2by Darkstalker7975.8k
- Copy of Dsk0974.1k
- AC-DC TNT BOOKSHELF0974.4k
- clothing blockby Daisy(^. ^)11957.2k
- Magicalby Worn Bloom16956.6k
- The Worthy Shining Block (Rainbow)by TheEpicBomb0974.4k
- The Worthy Shining Block (Orange)by TheEpicBomb0974.4k
- Shayla'S Special Bookshelf1974.2k
- shadow blockby Evil Stamp0974k
- The check1974.6k
- toilet block0974.6k
- Rainbow Bookshelfby cymbalism14959.7k
- Lovely booksby nelxia0974.6k
- sunset blockby DexStar1974.6k
- Noob Bookshelf2979.2k
- south African flagby Valid Start0974.1k
- the ultimate block1974.2k
- Bock shelf 2by Macho Shoe7974.5k
- Ivisible Block0974.2k
- Rainbow pastel bookshelfby Spooky Gate3975.9k
- colorful bookshelfby Ocean1974.2k
- Mapping bookshelfby Third Jewel0974.5k
- Cute Book Shelfby Lovely Cook1975.2k
- Bookshelfby AlphaCount0974.2k
- Kids Bookshelf1974.6k
- Gaia Planet0974.5k
- secret doorby Nickname5975.8k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Survival Test 0.26-|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Tool Used||Axe Graphic|
|Data Values||Hex: 2F Dec: 47|
Bookshelves are generated in Libraries , inside Strongholds , and within NPC Villages . A single Bookshelf can be crafted by arranging six Wooden Planks and three Books . Whenever a Bookshelf is destroyed, it will drop three books. Bookshelves are very important for improving Enchantment Tables . When placed close to one, it will begin to send floating white symbols to the book. This grants the player a chance to receive better enchantments, though not guaranteed. To function, a bookshelf must be within a two-block distance of the enchanting table, with one empty space and no obstructions between. The bookshelf will still be in proximity if stacked up to three blocks high. An enchanting table can connect to no more than 15 bookshelf blocks within range, any additional bookshelves do not contribute to the enchanting effect.
Bookshelves were added in the 0.26 patch of Survival Test, but they were not able to be naturally spawned until the 0.28 patch. They were left in obscurity, as they could not be crafted until Beta. Bookshelves and libraries were finally implemented in Beta 1.9 pre-release 3, as they could be used to receive higher enchantments on weapons and tools. As of Beta 1.9, destroying a Bookshelf will drop three Books. Bookshelves can also be obtained in a trade with Villagers as of 1.3.1.
- Bookshelves are also in Minecraft Java Edition .
- A Bookshelf Block will always have exactly the same books in exactly the same places, meaning that the books are either exactly the same, or books in series.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!