Python 201 - Course Overview
A deeper look at Python for intermediate or advanced coders in upper middle or high school with a focus on real-world computing problems.
- GRADES 8+
A deeper look at Python for intermediate or advanced coders in upper middle or high school. This course is tailored for students who have completed introductory visual programming courses on Tynker and want to advance to text programming in Python. Students will start with simple input-output statements and conditional logic, then progress to using more complex data structures to build algorithms. With hands-on coding practice, students learn to design, build, and debug programs – skills that any programmer needs to solve real-world problems. Students who successfully complete this lesson plan will demonstrate a strong mastery of Python syntax and functionality, as well as the ability to independently solve advanced coding problems.
- Python syntax
- Conditional logic
- Nested loops
- Simple loops
- Conditional loops
- Data types
- Turtle graphics
- Using arrays and objects to store structured data
What Students Learn
- Learn Python syntax
- Use conditional logic, loops, and conditional loops to solve problems
- Create and use variables
- Write and interpret Python expressions
- Use pen drawing and Turtle graphics to draw shapes and display images
- Use arrays, dictionaries, and objects to store structured data
* Online courses require a modern desktop computer, laptop computer, Chromebook, or Netbook with Internet access and a Chrome (29+), Firefox (30+), Safari (7+), or Edge (20+) browser. No downloads required.