Thank You for an Amazing 2017!
Happy New Year! 2017 was a busy year for the Tynker team – we rolled out tons of new features, implemented some exciting integrations, and grew our community of makers to over 60 million students across the globe! These amazing students have written more than 3 billion lines of code. Other highlights from the past year include:
- Millions of students completed a Tynker Hour of Code – Young coders in classrooms and homes around the world enjoyed our 33 HoC tutorials, including the new Barbie™ Pet Vet coding game.
- Our iPad app is better than ever – Tynker’s iPad app is now available in 13 languages! Apple® incorporated two Tynker courses, Space Cadet and Dragon Spells, in their Everyone Can Code program. It also features a new home subscription option as well as Minecraft support.
- There are even more ways to play Minecraft with Tynker – We expanded our coverage of Minecraft to support all editions, including Education Edition, Java Edition, Windows 10, and Pocket Edition. Microsoft even chose Tynker as its Minecraft Education product!
- Code your drone with Tynker – We partnered with Parrot to release the Parrot Mambo Code, an all-in-one bundle to give kids hands-on coding experience.
- Our Code-A-Thon was a huge hit – We launched a Summer Code-A-Thon to fight the summer slump and inspire kids to create. Over the course of 10 weeks, our makers submitted 38,141 projects. That’s an incredible 3,595,276 lines of code!
- Tynker for Schools is growing quickly – 20,000 new schools (80,000 total) started teaching coding with Tynker! We also enhanced our curriculum, adding 12 new iPad courses, a LEGO WeDo coding course, as well as 200 PBL lessons with quizzes in our 12 STEM coding courses.
- Free PD for Blue Ribbon Educators – We launched the Blue Ribbon Educator program this year to make a computer science education a reality for everyone. We began holding free weekly educator trainings and empowering thought leadership within our community of educators!
We have exciting new offerings for 2018, including support for additional languages, new courses and hardware, more engaging learning experiences, and a slew of time-saving resources to help educators succeed! Thank you for being a part of Tynker, and happy coding in 2018!
Happy New Year from the Tynker team!