Make 2018 Your Best Year with Tynker
We’re excited to kick off 2018 with tons of new Tynker content and features for your family to enjoy! Please take a minute to get caught up on everything we’ve added over the past year:
- Daily coding missions. Completing our new daily mission recommendations lets kids earn double points and level up faster, giving them extra motivation to code every day.
- New courses in the Tynker app. Our free iPad app now gives subscribers access to 10 self-guided courses that you can run in the app. If you’re on vacation or hanging out on the couch, your kids can use a tablet to practice learning loops, debugging, and more.
- Support for Minecraft Add-Ons. Our new Minecraft Resource Editor lets anyone make an Add-On using a simple drag-and-drop visual language just for changing mob behaviors.
- Coding Support for Minecraft PE, Minecraft Win10, and Minecraft: Education Edition. Now kids can launch Tynker right from within Minecraft by typing “/code”. They can build instant structures, procedurally generate cities, and even build their own games!
- LEGO WeDo 2.0 programming. Apply your code to the real world! Kids can now program sensors and integrate data from the LEGO WeDo 2.0 into apps they build, developing crucial problem solving skills and gaining confidence as they play.
- Summer Code-A-Thon. Last summer, thousands of kids had fun with our 10-week-long Summer Code-A-Thon, coding projects about everything from making pancakes to combating poverty. Look for our fun coding events this summer!
- Barbie® Pet Vet activity. Girls can do anything – especially code! In our newest Hour of Code activity, kids learn the fundamentals of programming as they guide pets through their first check-ups.
- The drone coding bundle. We launched a 6-month Tynker subscription bundled with a Parrot drone that lets kids code their own drone to do flips, perform stunts, and more! Watch your child’s confidence soar as they learn to write programs that bridge the gap from the digital to the physical world.
- Two new courses for early learners. Space Cadet and Dragons Spells, featured as part of the Everyone can Code program by Apple, are two free iPad courses designed to introduce younger kids to programming.
- Seasonal projects for every occasion. With guided tutorials perfect for independent learners, our seasonal projects are a great way for kids to refresh their coding skills throughout the year and learn to program anything from a Mother’s Day card to a snowball fight!
We have exciting new features on the horizon for 2018, so stay tuned and don’t miss out!