How to Code Your Own Spooky Halloween Project!
Looking for a unique way for your kids to collect candy (and avoid cavities) this year? We’ve got you covered with our Halloween coding tutorial! “Spooky Treats” is a fun, educational way to get kids into the Halloween spirit. With the guidance of the tutorial, they’ll learn to program Codey to collect candy while evading a spooky ghost. They can even hack their project to make Codey eat more candy or move faster. Your kids or students can code this project on their own, then share the final project with friends to see who can help Codey collect the most candy!
How to code this project?
All Tynker users have access to this project as one of their Daily Missions. Simply click on the card to get started, and follow the instructions to hack the game! If you do not have an account you can sign up for a FREE account here and access many fun coding puzzles, games, and tutorials.
Teachers, all your students already have access to this project as a Daily Mission. In addition, you may also assign this project to your class:
- Log in to your Tynker account.
- Click on the “Start Tutorial” button above to open the project.
- Save the project to your account.
- Go to your “My Projects” section.
- Hover over the project you want to assign and click the “Assign+” button.
After your class has finished, don’t forget to create a class showcase of all your students’ projects to share with friends and parents.
Parents, to give this project to your child:
- Have your child log in to his/her account.
- They can find “Spooky Treats” as one of their Daily Missions!