Design your own adventure-filled platformer with robot bugs, giant bosses, zombies, dragons and anything you can imagine using this free online tutorial. Using Tynker’s Level Editor and the easy to use Platformer code blocks, you will be building your own personal multi-level games with little or no code.
1. Play the Game
Instructions: Use Arrow and A,S,D,W keys to play. Program and complete building the level!
2. Remix and Make it Your Own
Follow the simple steps in the tutorial to complete the game.
- Change the background. There are several backgrounds pre-loaded in the template. Select the one you want in Stage properties.
- Customize the Background Music. Use the “Play Sound” block to select one of the pre-loaded songs or add your own.
- Customize the Hero. Use “Edit Character” in your Hero’s Actor settings and customize your Hero’s costume.
- Special Effects. Program your hero character to grow when you touch the blue orb.
- Complete the Level. Make more platforms. Use the tiling feature in Level Editor to design your own level.
- Add a New Level. Use “Add New Level” in the Level Editor to design another level. Then with the “Set Level” block you can programmatically change the level when you want your hero to enter a new level in the game.
Please send us a link to your completed game, or share it on social media so that we can feature it!