Celebrate Groundhog Day with Code!
Groundhog Day is coming up! Did you know that groundhogs, like bears, hibernate in the winter? On February 2nd, as the legend goes, the groundhog will emerge from its winter burrow. If it sees its shadow, it’ll go back underground and we’ll get six more weeks of winter. If it’s too cloudy for the groundhog to see its shadow, spring will come early!
Code your own Groundhog Day project with our guided tutorial and see if you can make the groundhog see (or avoid!) its shadow. Can you figure out a way to debug the code and predict whether spring will come early?
How to code this project
All Tynker users have access to this project as one of their Daily Missions. Simply click on the card to get started and follow the instructions to hack the game! If you do not have an account, you can sign up for a FREE account here and access many fun coding puzzles, games, and tutorials.
Teachers, all your students already have access to this project as a Daily Mission. In addition, you may also assign this project to your class:
- Log in to your Tynker account.
- Click on the “Start Tutorial” button above to open the project.
- Save the project to your account.
- Go to your “My Projects” section.
- Hover over the project you want to assign and click the “Assign+” button.
After your class has finished, don’t forget to create a class showcase of all your students’ projects to share with friends and parents.
Parents, to give this project to your child:
- Have your child log in to his/her account.
- They can find “Groggy Groundhog” as one of their Daily Missions!