Have some potion-making fun this Halloween with Spooky Brew!
It’s time for Halloween fun! Jump into the spooky season by using Tynker to code a game to make magical potions and learn coding concepts in the process.
In this fun project, kids learn programming concepts like messaging, costumes, sounds, and advanced animation as they create this potion-making game. What effect will their potion have on a monster? Will it turn the monster into a fire-breathing dragon? Transform the monster into a spooky skeleton? Or make the monster change in size?
Kids will program actors so that they transform in different ways when fed a mysterious potion.
How to Code this Project
All registered Tynker users have access to this project in their student dashboard. Simply click on the project card and follow the instructions to get started! If you do not have an account, you can sign up for a FREE account here and access many fun coding puzzles, games, and tutorials.
Teachers, to assign this project to your students, please follow the instructions below:
- Set up a classroom in your Tynker account and add your students.
- Click on the “Lessons” tab in your classroom dashboard.
- The project will be available under “Weekly/Seasonal” Projects – click the “Assign to Class” button.
After your class has finished, don’t forget to create a class showcase of all your students’ projects to share with friends and parents!
Parents, to give this project to your child:
- Have your child log in to his/her account.
- They can find “Spooky Brew” in their student dashboard!