Create With Code and Win This Summer!
The biggest coding event of the summer–the Wild Minecraft Code-a-Thon–is in full swing! So far, we’ve seen some amazing projects by our Tynker community. As kids participate in the Wild Minecraft Code-a-Thon, they’re learning about habitats from around the world, from the savannas of Africa to the Pacific Ocean and everything in between! They’ve celebrated biodiversity with Minecraft mobs and Tynker slideshows, quizzes, games, and more–all while learning how to code. Read on for how to win and get inspired by some of our favorite projects so far!
Anyone Can Enter to Win
- Create a free Tynker account for your child and verify the account with your parent email address.
- Log in to the student account.
- You’ll see current and past coding challenges. Your child just needs to complete one challenge to enter to win! There’s no requirement to complete past challenges or to complete all the challenges in a given week, but the more projects a child has entered, the more projects we have to choose from when selecting weekly winners. Remember: No prior coding experience is required! We’re looking for creativity and originality. How can your child make their project stand out from the rest?
- Your child should publish every project they complete.
- Now that your child’s project is published, they are eligible to win a $50 Minecraft gift card or other prizes! Winners are selected every week. See the list of recent winners
The Code-a-Thon is open to any child with a free Tynker account, but requires a connected parent account in order for a child to be eligible to receive additional participation certificates and prizes. No purchase necessary.
What Kids Are Making
Here are some of our favorite projects from the first 4 weeks that show some extra creativity and imagination. We’re so proud of our creative coding community! Your child can get inspiration from these top-tier projects and then create their own original work.
In Grassland Educational Game by HunnyBun, you can go on an adventure with William, your helpful Savannah tour guide! As you peruse the species in this area, you’ll learn scientific facts about each creature you encounter. Think you know your forest and desert animals? Quiz games like Week 4: Desert Quiz 1 by Worst Helium will test your knowledge! Get a tour of a Minecraft ocean floor and meet creatures like cods and turtles in ~:::AtOmic DraPe:::~’s Learn with Salmon As You Go On An Ocean Adventure. Click on the images below to go to each project’s page!
Wild Minecraft Code-a-Thon Buzz
Check out what people are saying on Twitter about the Wild Minecraft Code-a-Thon!
Is your child ready to join in the fun? Have them sign up today to enjoy 4 more weeks of FREE coding activities focused on biodiversity around the globe!